IGNORED

Your opinion on this front air dam (sweet)

dogma420

Originally posted by lordbiotree

I like the original Factory air dams.

The kiami*Sp* air dams are great too.

If it's not period looking I don't think it should be on a Z. Unless of course your building a Z for show. Even then a 100% stock Z will get more Loven:love:!

Factory Air Dams???? for a 240Z???? Are you refering to a Nismo part, or a BRE Spook? I've never, ever heard of, or seen a "factory" air dam for a 240Z.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess I am in the minority on this one...it hides the front of the tires well which is a great way not to have to flare the fender. Personally on this particular Z with the paint job on the car I like it...but I wonder what it would also look like with side skirts added as well as the rear bumper off and the rear rolled..the tires are 225-50-15...and hidden very well from the front...I am really considering this particular air dam for my 77 as well..

77 Z

• 3 weeks later...
I much prefer this one:

Z-front spoiler

:knockedou

That one is way too small for the look I am wanting , to me it looks like at least 1/2 the air dam has been chopped off..what I orgininally had on my first Z was more of a Lemans look, the dam was approx 2 inches off of the roadway..

Thanks for the reply however

77 Z

Greetings Moyest,

No to get off the subject but I really like the looks of your wheel and tire size combination. Could you tell me what size tires you have on your orange Z as shown in the photo you reference. I'm looking to upgrade my 240 to different wheels and tires.

thanks

MAX,

Unfortunately the organge Z is not mine - it was just so nice that I had to *borrow* the photos and pop them in my gallery for all to enjoy, and for my own future reference. I too like the wheels/tyres, and the spoiler. The orange Z is set up beautifully! Wish I knew who the owner was, as it looks like an Australian (i.e. local to my part of the world) car. :classic:

The wheels look like Panasports to me, probably 16". If you visit Panasport's website they even tell you what size they have for 240Z's.

The tyres are probably racing tyres, judging by the general kit-out of the car (and the fact that it's on a trailer).

My car is the dark red Z in my gallery. It's wheels are very "period" - 14" performance wheels, with 60 profile tyres. :D

I like mags that are 1970's, rather than modern. So I quite like my "performance" brand wheels and would probably only swap them for Panasports or Minilites, to fill out the guards and beef up the look a bit.

Max,

The panasports can be found at http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=PFW

They typically have 225/50/16s on them, as you see in the picture. They are popular, because they look like wheels from the 70s and they also have the correct offset without spacers. Avoid spacers if you can help it...most wheels that require them look like a front wheel drive wheel, and those just don't look right on a Z. A set of panasports from Motorsport auto are $1000.