IGNORED

240k information

khughes

Hi Kent,

What good news!! Sounds like you bought 'nixcars' car. He is a member here. It is a very solid car, and any work he had done on it would be great I'm sure. Congratulations :) The website would be great, make sure to ask us if you need any help with that.

If it was Nick's car, though, I don't think it's a GTX... He bought it locally from the original owners IIRC... The 2000GTX came with the L20 engine - 2 litre six. Not the 2.4 litre six (L24) that the 240K's came with down under. The GTX was the luxury-spec model though, with electric windows (!!!), air con and a few other cool little electric devices. Domestic model only. Which is why I'd be surprised (and a bit jealous) if you actually did get one!

The C110 model variants in Japan were:

- Nissan Skyline GL (SWB Model - 2 Door Hardtop and 4 Door Sedan - 1600cc and 1800cc 4-cyl engines)

- Nissan Skyline 2000GT (LWB Model - 2 & 4 Door - 2000cc straight-6)

- Nissan Skyline GTX (LWB Model - 2 & 4 Door - 2000cc straight-6)

- Nissan Skyline GTX-E (Same as GTX, except had even more features - VERY rare)

- Nissan Skyline GT-R (The most collectable. 2 Door Hardtop LWB only, 2000cc straight-6 S20 engine)

And I've heard that some models could be had with the 2.4 six we got in Australia, but I'm not sure if this is correct. Can anyone confirm?

And in Australia we got:

- Datsun 240K GL (LWB - 2 & 4 Door - 2400cc straight-6)

- Datsun 240K GT (Not too sure about this one though! Apparently just had a tape deck and a/c - much sportier!!)

If anyone can add to this list, or correct me, please do!! This information isn't gospel, it's just what I've gathered from various places around the net.

Here is a picture of the SWB model Skyline, note the much shorter bonnet. Can't imagine the 1.6 litre 4-pot would move it very fast! ROFL

post-1243-14150793973031_thumb.jpg

yep your correct, it is Nick's (small world!)

hmm. that makes more sense, that would be why it had GL badges on the rear , excuse my ignorence, the front badge that had me fooled (and a profound lack of background on these cars), it is a domestic model.

the website will be situated at www.project240k.com, the name has just been registered (and may take a few days to activate) we just have to find the time now to get the site built (and our initial pictures up). when we do hopefully we can get a bit of the history of the early skylines on there (so your information is invaluable!)

if anyone wants to right informative articles (or knows of any in existance) please feel free to contact me and we will stick them on the site.

we are thinking of trying to promote the earlier skylines a little more on skylinesaustralia.com, possibly have a specific section for talk relating to pre R31 skylines (do you think this is a good idea?)though i think you guys will be the number one source for quite some time, especially with all the L engine information on this site!

That sounds like a great idea (the website, and the additional forum).

I have a few magazine articles, when you get the website up I could scan those for you. There are a few IT guys here (kyteler and myself at least) so if you guys do need any help (sounds like youre an IT guy yourself though) maybe we can offer our help.

Originally, I owned a 240Z and that's how I found this forum - great place - theres NOTHING these blokes don't know about S30 cars!! Then, in a stroke of fate I acquired my C110 and sold the 240Z. I sticked to this forum, not just because the guys here know so much about the L-engines, but also because I've made a few friends too. Somehow, more and more C110 guys find this place, and now we have our own little sub-community. Thanks to Mike (Admin) we even recently got our own forum too!

If a new forum is founded on skylinesdownunder.com I'd visit, I'll give you that much ;) There just aren't too many Pre-R31 Skyline fans who use the Internet much...

yeah that is what we had figured, maybe it is best to stick here and see what happens, hopefully we can get a good website together though, the definitive source for C10, C110 and C210 240k's (and variants)

we may even make it php based so, people can join up and post articles etc themselves, add comments etc.. that seems the best way to make it more of a community thing, though that may be a little while off yet (atleast till i come back from holidays unless prank has some free time!)

but yeah, your articles would be a fantastic inclusion!

First up, welcome ;)

Secondly, as Alfadog said, any help you want, give us a yell and we'll see what we can do to answer it.

Let's play the model game Lachlan, you ready? :D

C110 (Sept. 72)

Sedan & Hardtop (referred to as hardtop instead of coupe due to lack of pillars.)

2000GT-X, L20 (lu'X'ury Spec, electric windows air-con, etc.)

2000GT, L20

1800GL, G18

1600GL, G16

1600DX, G16

Sedan Only

1800DX, G18

1600STD, G16

Wagon

1800DX, G18

1600DX, G16

1600STD, G16

January 1973 - All Hail the GT-R :D

2000GT-R, S20

C111 (June 1976)

(The reign of the L-series)

Sedan & Hardtop

2000GTX-ES, L20E

2000GTX-E, L20E

2000GT-E, L20E

2000GT-L Type, L20

2000GT, L20

1800GL, L18

1600GL, L16

Sedan Only

1800DX, L18

1600DX, L16

Wagon

1600GL, L16

1600DX, L16

Export Variant

240K (GL & GT), L24

C210 (August, 1977)

Oh and now that I've gone back and read the rest of the thread ROFL

I've got a couple of articles from magazines already typed out, I Have them all ready for when I can afford to get the site I was going to do, all sorted out... it all takes money and with a distinct lack of employment I haven't been able to get it sorted yet. Accursed money.

One is from March 1973, Wheels magazine ( I believe Lachlan (Alfadog) has this magazine also ) review on the Hardtop.

Another from March 1975, Modern MOTOR Magazine. ( review on the Sedan, which as I understand it was a later and more popular export to Australia )

I have another C210 related article comparing the Cressida to the Skyline but have yet to type it out, more to do with being lazy than a lack of money. :classic:

Originally posted by Alfadog

- Datsun 240K GT (Not too sure about this one though! Apparently just had a tape deck and a/c - much sportier!!)

In 1986, I bought my first car - a '74 240K GT. 2 previous owners and while it had an original double-DIN radio/tape setup, it didn't have air-con (or even the controls for it). It did have tri-carbs - but that was an aftermarket bolt-on I'm sure. But when sat next to a GL, it was very hard to pick the difference - other than white pin-stripes.

I have a feeling the differences were cosmetic.

Alfadog;

Most of it is just random web searches, I can't recall the site but I saved that info into a text file for the sole purpose of correcting or adding to your list, sometime in the future ROFL:D

Setanta;

Those are some nice quality looking 1/24th scale models, I think the wagon has it's own appeal however if we were going for a wagon my pick would be a VC10...

hako.h2.jpg