IGNORED

Datsun Alloy Rim

sblake01

Those are "Zweet" Stephen! They'd look great on your 78. Isn't that how it always goes when you stumble upon a cherry set of rims in a junkyard, there are only 3 or 2, never four perfect ones. Good luck in your search.

Vicky

They'd look great on your 78.

Vicky

Those are the factory alloys for my 810. I already have the factory alloys on my Z. Remember I tried to buy the center caps from you? Well, I did find a set of those rims, caps and all. But back to the 810 rims, I did find two of them about a year ago but I didn't buy them because there was only two. Now, I wish I had. :stupid:

I have found one of these rims through the 'wanted to buy' section on the Skylines Australia site. He wants $50-AUD which is not a problem. That's only about $35-USD. Shipping through FedEx for one wheel is over $200! :cry: Does anyone over there know of a less expensive way to ship a wheel from Coomera Shores to the USA?

Steve, if you can give me an appropriately boxed size and weight for one of these wheels, I'll run it past Australia Post.

In my experience with mail from the States to Australia via airmail (using USPS airmail), the cost for larger boxs/parcels has been quite good, one helluva lot cheaper than UPS I can tell ya!

We can but try mate.

Regards, Jim.

Thanks, guys. I went with Australia Post. The total cost for the wheel and shipping is AUD$159.50 which is about USD$111. So, with a cost of $20 ea for the first three found last week in a local wrecking yard and $111 for this one, my cost is $171 for the set. I can live with that! I purchased the wheel from Jason of Coomera Shores. He is known as V8skylineMAN on the Skylines Australia site. Perhaps some of you guys know him.

Well done Steven, let us know when you receive it! Are you going to get them all professionally shined up and restored?

No, I'll just clean them up myself. The ones I found here are in really good shape and hopefully the one I'm getting will be as good.

Well done on the find, Stephen. I know V8skylineman from the Skylines Australia website (altho I've never met him). We both have V8 skylines, and live about 5 minutes from eachother. Small world, huh?

Those wheels are a cinch to clean up. I had a set that I fixed up many years ago. Just stripped the paint / lacquer off, then sanded / polished all the machined surfaces. Then I re-painted the black sections and re-polished the machined bits and it came up sweet. Took a lot of elbow grease, but cost bugger all.

Just a follow up. The other wheel arrived today! It only took eight days to ship from Coomera Shores, Australia to Fontana, Califronia, USA! I've had interstate packages take longer than that. Thanks again to Jason, Australia Post, and everyone here who gave their input. I'll post some pictures when I get them all cleaned up and mounted on the car.