IGNORED

#390 For Sale! Please Save From the Shredder!!

• 2 weeks later...

I actually went to the place this one was at last week. I saw it. Its rusty but its definitely better looking in person than in the pics... Kinda funny, usually its the other way around... It will need a ton of TLC, but ... where theres a will, theres a way .

• 3 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity I emailed Rick Bolus at Eurasianperformance on whether or not the winning bidder had followed through with the transaction. He replied back, "It's gone to the great shredder..." What happened?... It's really sad. I guess another one bites the dust.

That's strange, because Chuck, the buyer told me that he was going to restore the car (see my post on this thread 5/28/04). Perhaps it turned out to be a bigger and much more expensive project than he originally anticipated and he only kept the parts he needed. I am going to e-mail Chuck and find out for sure if this is true or not. I will let you all know once I hear back from him.

Koreavet,

Rick at Eurasian performance is full of it! Chuck, the buyer and new owner of #390 e-mailed me back this morning and here is my question and his response:

"Chuck, I e-mailed you about a month ago regarding the 1969 240Z you purchased (#390), asking you if you were going to restore the car or not. You e-mailed me back and said that you were, which I thought was great news! There's a rumour that the seller e-mailed a member of "Classiczcars.com" that you sent it to the shredder. If you did, that's your decision and your right as the owner. However, I just wanted to see if this was true or not."

Chuck's response:

"That is NOT true. It took 2-3 weeks to arrange shipping but I have it at my house. The car is very original. It's missing the original wheels and hub caps but I have some. I'm going to restore it. I'm not the kind of person to throw something away...especially Z #390! I need to finish my 260Z turbo project and then I'll move on to another one. Do you live near PA? You're welcome to check it out."

Chuck

I've met Rick at Eurasian, and have been corresponding with him for some time... For what its worth he seems like a pretty straight person.... He gets on a tangent very easily when he talks or emails though. But I doubt that he would have intentionally mislead you...

Originally posted by Corganx33

But I doubt that he would have intentionally mislead you...

My email question to Rick was clear, questioning the status of the purchase of the "Ebay auction for the Datsun 240Z #390, about one month ago". His response was short: " its gone to the great shredder... ". The way I see it, Rick has no motivation to lie. So his response was either an honest error (although my question was clear) or a mean spirited subterfuge.

lonetreesteve: Thanks for clearing up the status of #390. For that I feel better.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no doubt that the buyer is telling the truth.

Rick's a car dealer. He acts like one. I was just saying that I found for the most part he's pretty honest as far as car dealers go. I'm not sure why he told you it went to the shredder, it may have just been a sensationalized way of saying the car isn't available to you for purchase.... who knows.

I picked up his 73 Blue datsun yesterday and drove it towed behind me 650 miles back to its new home. After I bought it he sat me down with car for close to an hour ( on July 4th... he even made his wife wait... ) and explained everything that was wrong with it, what I would need to do etc etc etc... and offerred me a ton of pointers on how to start the retoration. He pretty much went out of his way on his vacation to make me happy. He even took me to see his own collection of restorations he's done. Very impressive... His main focus is Z's, and he's got some pretty sweet examples....

I'm not really defending him on this, he can come on here and do that himself if he wants to. All I'm really doing is offering another point of view on doing business with him, and saying I had a good experience. A lot of people come to these message boards and will judge someones small business on one persons comments, so I just wanted to add my 2 cents b/c I was happy with the way things went.

Especially now that I own my first Z :love: