IGNORED

1965 Silvia for sale in the UK

v12horse

Originally posted by Victor Laury Corvair? I always thought it's more like an Opel. Especially, they way the hood extends forward.

Actually, I got the 'Corvair' feeling while viewing the 2+2 Silvia prototype on the Silvia site. I wonder whatever happened to the LHD Silvia prototype cars? Maybe Alan T. would know.

Originally posted by Mr Camouflage

It says one in europe and the car is located in sweden

I wonder if its Silvia #70319, that was exported from Australia to sweden.

Silvia #70319:

http://w1.590.telia.com/~u59003583/

Given the email address on that website and the email address in the advertisement from classiccars are one in the same, I would say that's a pretty accurate wondering. :classic:

Originally posted by symon

Ok its time to own up. I´ve already sent a down payment for the Silvia. I couldn´t resist owning such a rarity. Here in Europe I´ll NEVER park next to another one !

I´ll keep you posted on the restoration.

That's awesome! Please provide us (or at the least.. me:classic:) with a large collection of pictures once you get her.

Hi everyone,

I´m not to tall so I suppose I should fit in the car ok, even so I don´t care if it´s a bit cramped. I´ll just put up with the lack of space & enjoy the Silvia !

I know the car is a complete restoration project but it appears to be solid with just surface rust. I´ll post photos as soon as I go to collect the car. Thanks to everyone for your support.

Hi Sblake1,

I´m a fairly normal 5ft 10 so I presume that I should fit in fine though there will not be a lot of extra space like in my 260Z. I´m really looking forward to staring the restoration & getting the car running. I´m lucky as the car is really complete with all the correct parts.

Hi V12 Horse,

Yes I´ve bought the car advertised in th UK, even though the car is in Sweden ! I´m planning to drive up with my Toyota Pickup & a trailer to bring the car home, a round trip of 8500 kms. I agree the car is has stunnning looks from what I´ve seen on photos, even so I still havn´t still a Silvia in the flesh. I´ll let you all know about my adventures.

Originally posted by Mr Camouflage

Abas

1970 240z LHD ex-CA car (in progress 12 years and counting)

1972 240z RHD (rusty project for 15 years in the future!!!)

Now thats commitment!

(or just plain lazyness. Just kidding)

I'd have to admit to some element of laziness. But mostly to do with young family = very little fecking time to work on my z's ( unless I like taking uppers and working on it through the night):classic:

I just thought, it's 13 years and counting on the 1970 now.

Andrew

Hi Abas,

May be you should do the same as me. I normally do a couple of evenings a week, starting at 6.30 & going on until I´m worn out or need to eat something. I´m lucky as I do not have a young family & my wife enjoys our cars as much as I do, so I get permission to not be present at evening meals, etc. I normally spend either Saturday or Sunday all day on my cars so I can actually get through a load of work.

I think you need to speak to "her indoors" !