IGNORED

77 280Z color wiring diagram

wal280z

while Mike is upgrading the site....

until that comes back, click on this link to access it directly...

'right-click, save target as'

>LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR Sept 2012<

Wayne

=============

EDIT

NOTE: An error in the fuse box was noted and the corrected PDF is available below

E Scanlon

Edited by EScanlon

• 8 years later...

Post the mistakes so it can be appended to the proper thread. It would also help if you could give the thread and/or the file name you originally downloaded from.

This is in case the original poster isn't around and / or we can't edit the original thread. Without changing the original file, the original -- and in error--- schematic will still be available.

E

I picked up this diagram some time ago but unfortunately I don't remember the thread that originally turned me on to it. I'm pretty sure that it was on this forum though. I believe (especially because of the ClassicZ mention in the legend area) that the owner of the document hung out here. I was hoping that he would pop up...

As for the problem that I chased? It's in the fuse block:

77fuseblocka.jpg

For comparison, here's a snip from the 77 FSM:

77fuseblockb.jpg

Important to not also that the 78 color diagram is correct. It's just the 77 that has the problem.

I think I have retraced my steps on where I first found copies of the color wiring diagrams...

I think I first heard about both 77 and 78 here:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread44992.html

But the 77 version appears to have originated earlier here:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/thread13131.html

So from the above two threads, it appears that wal280z did the 77 version back in 2004 and awolfe did the 78 version in early 2012.

Excellent sleuthing!!

You get one Sherlock Holmes autographed miniature magnifiying glass which hopefully will help with whatever eye-strain you developed finding that.

I've been working on colorizing many of the early Z and Roadster diagrams, and can attest to the fact that even from Nissan there were "oopses" and omissions.

I've found Relays that supposedly work on 3 wires, others that don't have an actuating circuit and yet, like the above oversight but this time in the OEM drawing, multiple fuses from the same power source going to the same power output wire, even wires that end in the middle of the schematic with no explanation (and as yet no discernable use).

I'll see if I can get it updated with what you've found.

E

Edit:

I succeded in editing the file and I've attached it here.

F77ZCAR-WIRING[Edited].pdf

Edited by EScanlon

E - I will go ahead and make the corrections to the file and foward it to you later this week.

Captain Obvious - I apologize for making you chase your tail trying to diagnose your isssue - thanks for bringing it up so corrections can be made,

While I'm making corrections - any others that need tending to?

• Like 1

Wayne, I don't think we need new files. I jumped on it to get it updated, but I guess I should have waited for you to post it (my goof).

I found the PDF from the links given above (in PDF) and I edited the copy I had.

Check it out and tell me if it didn't convert back and forth properly (it did increase in size).

But you may want to post the photoshop file, or at least, if you would send that to me (shoot me a PM for my e-mail if you don't already have it.)

E

Captain Obvious - I apologize for making you chase your tail trying to diagnose your isssue - thanks for bringing it up so corrections can be made

No apologies necessary! None!! This document is fantastic, and even counting the tail chasing this time, this document adds so much value that I'm way ahead of the game!

I'm not aware of any other issues at this time.

Thank you!! I applaud all the efforts, and I'm just glad I could help make an already fantastic document a tiny bit better.

• Thanks 1