IGNORED

Summer 2004 Sport Z Magazine highlights + 16-page bonus insert!

SportZMagazine

Originally posted by 26th-Z

The special edition Mr K cover is cool. They do put a lot of advertising in the suppliment, but what do you expect. Its a good issue, though.

Hi Chris:

For me, I expected something more than a 1/2 page list of Group Z officers, a 1 page welcome letter, 1 page history of the host club, a 2 page schedule of events.

That is 4 1/2 pages out of 16 that are not dedicated to adverts. No pictures of past winners, no explanation of classes to be judges, or anthing "specific" to the event (chili cook-off, track day, etc), no write up on Mr. K and his career and significance to the Z.

Pretty thin on info IMO.

Hi Carl, the insert is double stitched so you can pull it out without destroying the rest of the magazine. This way the magazine is the same as always (LOL) but make sure to hold on to it since there was only a limited run on the Mr. K cover and it will become a collectors item.

We (meaning Sport Z and Group Z) would have loved to put a lot more information in the guide, but advertisers went crazy when they found out that they would be in the magazine, hence the number of ads in the guide.

We couldn't go up in page count because the price to run the guide had already been locked in and it would have been really hard for Group Z to go back to Nissan and say, oh, by the way it's going to cost twice as much as the original quote.

By the way, has anyone seen the magazine in Barnes and Nobles or Hastings. I saw them in both stores here in New Mexico and was just wondering if they have been spotted any where else.

Originally posted by billramsey2002

Is the Ed thats a member here, the same Ed as the tech guy.

Of course! You know there is only one "Ed" on planet Earth! What do you think Sport Z did, import another one from Mars? :stupid:

:D

Gees is Bill going to be steamed when he reads my post ROFL

Why will Ed be steamed?

Are you questioning his manhood?

Or do you have a really tough question?

Ed has pretty thick skin. It'll be tough trying to break through that leather.

And yes, chances are very good that it will be answered as long as there is a question in it. Ed loves a challenge.

I don't think this has gone to far. I do believe that this is what makes it fun for me to visit all the Z sites. dry answers to dry questions just don't do it for me. i want to have fun at the same time.

It's amazing how much Ed gets talked about. For every person that seems to hate him, there is someone that loves his attitude. We get emails all the time to discuss Ed. It's hard to get rid of him when he has such a large following, both good and bad. My guess would be that Ed's Garage is one of the most talked about sections of the magazine.

We understand that he can get under peoples skin sometimes, but the answers are real and not misleading in any way.

Bill, where did you send your question too? I want to make sure that Ed gets it asap. I think it needs to be in the next issue.