IGNORED

I am so pissed off....

threefittyzee

PADDING THE REPAIR QUOTE IS FRAUD!

INSURANCE COMPANIES WORK WITH SAME QUOTE BOOKS AS THE REPAIR SHOPS, SO THERE IS NO ROOM FOR THAT ANYWAY.

THE INSURANCE COMPANY IS GOING TO PAY FOR NO MORE THAN THE DAMAGES SUBSTAINED IN THE ACCIDENT.

AND THE QUESTION ABOUT SOME SPECIAL COLLECTIBLE CLAUSE,

NO SUCH THING.

YOU ARE PROVIDED 30 DAYS OF COVERAGE BY YOUR CURRENT COMPANY, IF YOU ALREADY HAD A CAR THAT WAS COVERED.

HOWEVER THE COVERAGE TYPE IS BASED ON WHETHER THE NEW CAR WAS A REPLACEMENT CAR OR AN ADD ON.

IF IT IS A REPLACEMENT OF A VEHICLE ALREADY COVERED THEN THE NEW CAR IS COVERED WITH THE SAME BENEFITS AS THE CAR IT IS REPLACING.

IF THE NEW CAR WAS AN ADD ON VEHICLE THEN YOU WILL BE PROVIDED LIABILITY COVERAGE ONLY.

NO COMP. AND NO COLL.

IN EITHER CASE THEY WILL STILL ONLY PAY FOR THE DAMAGES. THEY AREN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FADED PAINT NOT MATCHING.

YOUR BEST BET IS TO WORK A DEAL WITH THE BODY SHOP AND SEE IF THEY WILL CUT YOU A BREAK BY LETTING YOU DO SOME OF THE WORK YOURSELF. USING THE MONEY FROM THE INS. CO. TO BUY PARTS . THEN MAYBE YOU CAN STRECH THE MONEY TO GET THE WHOLE CAR PAINTED.

GOOD LOCK !!!!!!!!!

Nope not any more. took everything out of my name and went and bought non-owner insurance! The only thing that I might put under my name is the Zed when she's ready for the road. I don't believe that an other states system for insurance has no effect on the rates here in Ca. If my insurance company does business her and say Maryland, and the have to payout more often in Mayerland because the law makes them, what stops them from charging a little bit more here and there to make up for thier loss? Like any business thats what any body would do. Guys read quick before my post disa

Threefittyzee,

my condolences about the accident. I had a similar experience. About 2 weeks after my dad and i purchased our 240, i was rear ended at a stop light. Luckily no one was hurt and the damage was minimal; a bent bumper bar and a dented rear panel. Even with the minor damage, i was still pissed it happened and frustrated that my new toy was damaged. However, i realized that the car is just a car (even if it is a Z) and that God takes away just as readily as he gives. Currently, I'm much more appreciative of my Z now that i understand how lucky i am to have it.

I hope your situation works out for the best, with you being able to repair your z and have it look good, too.

-Ty

Threefittyzee,

I dont know about where you live but here in the northwest, Washington, we have a company called WESTCO AUTOBODY SUPPLY.

SOME ONE BACKED OVER MY HOOD, and I was almost in tears.

I took the Z to Westco and they brought out to the car what was explained to me as a (paint camera). he took several pictures of the paint, got and average of the paint color as it sits ( 20 year old paint job) downloaded it into the computer and the computer spit out the exact mixture to match my already 20 year old paint.

He gave me a price quote for a pint (what I asked for) and he'll even put some in 3 spray cans for me to do minor repairs on the Z without it looking like it's ever been touched or repainted.

I can have it mixed any time I want whether it be the paint you spray from a can, or the paint for a spray booth.

here's what they gave me for when I'm ready to have it mixed.

Mike:

S H U D D E R :sick: :mad: :(

EGADS man, don't EVEN think that I may be a lawyer.

I agree that the lawyers and their self-serving laws and nonsense have tied this country up into impossible situations. If lawyers were to be liable for some of their shenanigans, I can almost guarantee that some sort of order would quickly be re-established. Without going into a long discussion of it, just think, the lawyer gets paid whether or not they win the case. And if they win, they usually get a share of the pie. They have a win-win situation. They would gladly sue God, if they could find out where to serve the lawsuit.

If anyone here IS a member of that profession, I offer no apologies. If you choose to take offense, then it must be because you agree with me to some degree, and are offended because I'm citing what has become obvious to the rest of the country.

Mike, knowledge of the system is necessary in order to avoid the pitfalls that have been woven into it. Whether a law is valid or not is not a subject that can be discussed in simplistic terms. What is valid in one situation is entirely inappropriate in another. The trick is to know when and where to fight them. Sometimes it isn't worth it to fight it, and best to aquiesce and make sure that you are in compliance whether you agree with it or not. Remember, Al Capone was eventually convicted of TAX EVASION and not all the bootleg whisky, extortion or murders he committed or had a hand in.

If you'll remember the eleventh commandment:

THOU SHALT NOT GET CAUGHT

and then remember that if you know the rules you know how to work WITH and AROUND them.

But enough of that. If folks wish to discuss the legal system we should take it to another forum.

Enrique Scanlon

By the way, it was

$36.88 for each pint

$9.14 for each spray can made from the pint

=$27.42 plus I still have whats left of the original pint for touch-up

So in other words, I'll get an exact match, 3 spray cans and the remainder of the pint for $64.30 + tax.

And he can make as much or as little as i need whenever I need it.

Let me tell you a little story, my Texas brother. Six years ago, when I lived in some apartments, this fat chick ran into my one-owner Mazda B2000(O.K. it's no, Z but I bought it brand new and I still own it). I didn't see her do it, but she was dumb enough to stay parked next to me. And when I saw the damage, I looked at her car and found paint off my mazda imbedded in her Dodge Stratus bumper. I immediately grabbed my camera, and used up a roll of film with pix of my truck(every inch of damage), and her car. I then called some of my police buddies for advice, even had one come by to look at the damage, in case I needed a professional witness. He ran the plate for me(not supposed to do that, but he's a friend), and I called the "pile" up and told her to call me with her insurance information.

Days later, she called me back, leaving a message saying that she didn't hit my truck, and that she couldn't help me. At that point, I decided that it was time for legal action.

I went down to the small claims court, and filed suit against the "slab", which cost me $50. They served her, and in less than three days, I had State Farm calling me. By the way, I only carry liability insurance on the B2. They had me come out to there drivethru claim center, and wrote me an estimate. They informed me that they would give me $650 for the damage(Driver's side front bed was pushed in an inch or two, distorting the lower body line and fender radius a bit). Luckily, I have a friend with a bodyshop, who is hated dearly by State Farm for his integrity. Anyway, He writes me an estimate for $1250, $750 of which was alotted for an NOS bedside panel. I told State Farm that that was what I needed, and they sent me a check for $1250 only a few days later.

Two words; SMALL CLAIMS!

Originally posted by dk240z

Two words; SMALL CLAIMS!

I might have to give that a try at this point.

I am not currently having much luck w/ her insurance company OR her, not to mention the odds are stacked against me because this accident happened in a parking lot (private property).

With regards to small claims court, should I pursue that BEFORE or AFTER her insurance company appraises the damage?

Marc:

Of course the Insurance company is going to play the stall game with you. Stop playing nice guy. You've contacted them, they've brushed you off, send them a certified letter with return receipt. That letter should state the time(s) that you have tried to contact them along with a copy of a couple of estimates (get the two most expensive) and let them know that you will proceed to file in Small Claims Court by a SPECIFIC DATE if you do not receive a SATISFACTORY settlement. Note the wording, it is what is satisfactory to YOU not them.

Give them at least 5 business days to respond and that's the day that you will file.

In Small Claims Court you file an amount as part of your paper work. Be sure to include the amount for the HIGHEST estimate, and a suitable amount for YOUR time, and the amount of the filing fee. Don't get original and request "pain and suffering" or other BS, be strictly up-front about it. You could if you had an appraisal before the car got hit, get it appraised again and add to the suit for the amount of depreciation due to the damage.

Of course the amount is going to be close to double the original estimate, but you're going to have your paperrwork ready. Pay to have a Sheriff's Deputy serve the woman, that ALWAYS gives them a jolt.

Then when they contact you and try to bluster you off, you just keep to your guns and wait till they finally offer a check that WILL cover the damage. Now don't get greedy and try to hold out for more, that's why you padded the original amount on the suit, so that the amount they finally offer will be satisfactory to you AND to them will appear as a win.

Remember, you HAVE to negotiate from a position of power. If you act apologetic, and are asking them to help you out....forget it. You've literally lost before you started. Remember, YOU are the injured party. The law states that THEY must make reparations. That's it, don't go wishy-washy on us or we'll have to beat you with a stick.

Now go get one for the Z......

Enrique

Listen...here's the deal.

Her insurance company is actually being fairly cooperative now, believe it or not, and they promised they were sending an appraiser out to the body shop on Mondayto assess the damage.

Now, just because they are playing nice, I am still trying to stay as vigilant as possible. I never got the vehicle appraised before I bought it (although I was told a 240Z in this good of shape has a KBB value of $6500-7000).

So, I really don't know what to expect. Your advice, although a little bit aggressive, is still very helpful, and I appreciate your advice.

The biggest hurdle I have right now, that you may not have taken into account, is that this "accident" occured on private property, making it that much more difficult to establish blame (even though most folks know you are at fault if you back out of a parking space and hit a moving vehicle), so...

a) there was never a police report....cop said they don't write reports for non-injury/less than $1000 damage accidents that occur on private property.

b)she(van driver) is a complete redneck idiot that is stating it was somehow MY fault for not seeing her backing out!

I guess my point is, I truly think the insurance company will pay out, so is it worth it to make a huge muss about it?