IGNORED

GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo

2ManyZs

have to agree with most of the opinions just voiced - its just an attempt by Nissan to recapture the magic (=sales!) of the 240Z;

very flattering , sure, but I think they missed the mark

I don't necessarily agree with the "too soft" stuff - I remember when I was in the TR6 club and a member committed the heinous crime of buying a new 240Z - we all agreed it went bloody well, and left the TRs for dead in the corners - but had no character!

..times change!

but I feel the 250Z would be more memorable if the performance was a bit above the rest, just like the 240Z's was back then - the V6 has never had any charisma, put a damn Nissan alloy V8 in it, or the Godzilla straight six!

But .. I have to agree with the comment that it reminds everyone about the wonderful 240Z!!

Originally posted by Alfadog

Do you think it is odd that apparently no new car is a true sports car anymore??

Well, the HONDA S2000 comes pretty darn close to being a true sports car for me!

Originally posted by Alfadog

BTW I DONT LIKE THE 350Z AT ALL AND I WISH IT WOULD DIE AND GO TO HELL. BY NO MEANS AM I TRYING TO IMPLY ITS A CAR I WOULD LIKE TO OWN. CLASSICS FOR ME, THANKS!

Amen Brother Alfapup!

Oh yeah Alfadog be carfull you might get turned into Alfaroad kill with these 350zs driveing around(most likely driven by some rich punk that doesnt evan deserve a licence!)

Now you take someone that has restored a car and loves it deeply for the work hes put into it,then they would respect it.

Im sure evan the 350 will become a collector someday.

But ill put a 240 up against it as far a popularity goes.

Yep the S2000 is probably the "new sports car" I would drive or buy.

I think the 350z just looks like it needs to go on a diet. However I do think they are an ok car and have considered that if i had the money I'd consider buying one. At the same time I've never driven one so I'm not gonna judge it just yet.

The S2000 though on paper looks the better car to me.

Originally posted by billramsey2002

Oh yeah Alfadog be carfull you might get turned into Alfaroad kill with these 350zs driveing around(most likely driven by some rich punk that doesnt evan deserve a licence!)

Ya know...it's quotes like these that make you seem ignorant, and make me a little ashamed that you drive the same car I do.

Nice generalization, bozo.

Most of the opinions I have heard from you guys are either based on looks or inexperience with the new 350z. And, the guys that respect the car have driven it. Go take one on a test drive (base model or track model) and then come back and give us some facts. I've seen and read some good information about the design and thought that went into the car. It's far from the heavy underpowered 300zx. There's nothing ZX about it.

Originally posted by Mike

Most of the opinions I have heard from you guys are either based on looks or inexperience with the new 350z. And, the guys that respect the car have driven it. Go take one on a test drive (base model or track model) and then come back and give us some facts. I've seen and read some good information about the design and thought that went into the car. It's far from the heavy underpowered 300zx. There's nothing ZX about it.

So ALL the people who don't respect it haven't driven it? C'mon

This subject has been discussed ad nausium on the 240.org mail list and the consensus of the people there, many of which have driven the car (on the road and/or on the track) is that it is there is nothing "Z" about it either.

It is no conincidence that so many people more knowledgable people on the mail list indicate that after looking at the 350Z, that they'd buy a G35 Coupe instead

OOOOOOHHHH!!!!

I've gotta get in on this argument! I did test drive a 350Z just a few weeks ago and let me tell you it was a good ride. It was the striped down model, a 287 RWHP with a bitch'n 274 ft lbs of torque on a 3,200 Lbs body with a 6 speed close ratio trany. It was a great drive! With that said, I curently have a 72 240 with a rebuilt 2.4 with header, electric dizzy, rebuild E88 head, and the SU carbs. The thing that amazed me was that my 1972 240Z "FELT" faster. Now im not saying that it was faster Im just saying that it felt much faster. I don't know if the low end torque on my 240 is better or what but in my mind I was expecting more from the 350Z ... and it wasn't there. If my 240 had 274 ft lbs of torque you would have to peal my arse out of the seat when ever I got out of the car. One thing that I noticed was the attempt of Nissan to copy the dash of the 240, 260, 280, Z. It was a good attempt, but fell a little short, IMO. If any of you have seen the book on the evolution of the 350Z you would know that Nissan actualy had an awsome 350 prototype that look remarkably like the 240. Unfortunaly they went with the curent incarnation. I think that the Prototype 350 was the perfect combination of what Nissan started in 1969 and developed in 2004. The one thing that I did love about the 350 was the interior color patteren. As a matter of fact I liked it so much I used it to do the interior of my 240. I think we can all agree that the 350 is no 240 but, the 240 wasn't perfect, if it was none of us would put L28 F54 flat top, N42 head, 274 dura. 460. lift cam, electronic dizzy, SM needels, MSA header breathing out of a 2 1/2 inch exaust with a dynomax muffler. If you know what all that car mumbo jumbo means you know what im talkin about. I LOVE cars almost as much as I love my Holly (my woman) and that makes me kind'a sick when it comes to cars. I belive that the only way that this argument will be solved is by the passage of time, about 30 years to be exact:devious: If the 350 has a Web site dedicated to it by then, we will all know it is a classic

Rock on Z people (and Zed people too:D)

Matt-