IGNORED

Damn shame....

2ManyZs

Serious encouragement, seerex. There is a haven of Z restoration in the Tampa area. This Fairlady is here and I would be willing to help with part sources and shops. RETIRE THAT CAR TO FLORIDA FOR SPA AND RESTORATION!!!!!

post-4148-14150793649172_thumb.jpg

Yours truly here, logging on from Paris, France.

Couple of points worth making I think:

Its not going to have been made in 1969. I figure that VIN number puts it not too far in front of my project car, so probably around June / July : August 1970 manufacture.

I would say its almost certainly a Z-L ( ie - higher spec ) model, judging by the bumper trim, Rally Clock, air con, Speedo etc.

Those pillar emblems could well be the originals ( hard to see from the pics ) and the correct type - the round but NON vented type, as v12-horse pointed out. The car SHOULD have a vented Hatch in that case...... Cannot tell from pics if that has been replaced or not.

The rear markers are probably an addition that were installed in the USA, as this car did not come from the Factory with them.

If anyone from this site buys this car I promise to do my utmost to help them with it. I have plenty of data and info that would help with a resto, as well as a fair few parts.

Come on, somebody save this GI BRIDE...................

:classic:

Alain T:cheeky:

Alan, I was wondering about the A/C in the car as well. Is that the factory (or dealer installed) A/C that was offered in all the European or home market cars?

I was just curious as the HLS cars had (if it was dealer installed) what looks like a totally different system under the dash.

Didn't we recently have a discussion about the rear markers, and came to the conclusion the mounting holes were cut out of the quarters and not stamped into the quarters? Seems that would be such a simple mod to make it legal, and it would still look factory, making the marker lights a moot point.

I have found a company that can get lost/no titles on vehicles that are 1987 & older.

They are called Classic's and their ad says "No Previous Paperwork Required" "No Title? - No Problem!!!"

*Low Rates and Fast Service*

Call for more info 888-870-8071

I hope this might help anyone who is concerned about that title issue.

Vicky

thank you vicky that might come in handy , my other half is requesting a bigger house in trade for another spot in the garage being taken :tapemouth , got to give and take , just need to her to get one with 3 car garage :love:

Originally posted by 2ManyZs

Alan, I was wondering about the A/C in the car as well. Is that the factory (or dealer installed) A/C that was offered in all the European or home market cars?

I was just curious as the HLS cars had (if it was dealer installed) what looks like a totally different system under the dash.

Hi 2Many,

Sorry - I forgot about this thread until now, so I didn't answer you properly.

I'm afraid that I can't see enough of the aircon in this car to tell you whether its the Japanese factory-installed one or not. If you want me to investigate further, I think I have some good line drawings and photos from official Nissan literature that I can dig out. I'll look into it.

Just another point to make about this car; as a Z-L, it would have been fitted with a 5-speed transmission ( the FS5C71-A ) and a 3.9 diff ratio at the Factory. And it had a rear anti-roll ( sway ) bar too.

Alan T.

I was just curious.... out of all the pics in the Gallery we have of ZG's, ZL, 432's and Fairlady's, we don't seem to have many detailed pics of the interiors of cars with A/C.

This one looks to have a unit that is bolted to the bottom of the dash under the glove box, with two controls on it near the console and two (?) vents across the face.

I was thinking about the possiblities of this one having the 5 speed and 3:90 diff as well....hopefully it still has the original trans and diff in it.

Makes me wish I had just one more bay in the garage to store it..:disappoin