IGNORED

Damn shame....

2ManyZs

What has me dumbfounded is the rear red marker light. None of my photographs of Fairlady Zs show this marker light and I thought the red marker light was for export. The vented quarters would make sense - except for a '69 car. The steering wheel is not stock. I wonder what this model really is!

Japanese market Fairlady Zs came with a 2 litre, six cylinder engine until October 1971 when they were replaced with the 2.4 litre.

A title is a government registration of the ownership. It records the owner and the serial number of the car. Without one, the car can not be registered to drive. Of course there IS a title somewhere, but it may require a significant amount of research to find it.

That car is in seriously bad shape. Wayyyyy beyond "tender loving care", it would require a complete chassis up restoration and compared to my project, I would guess in the $30,000 range to make it pristine again. The engine is seized? Zowie! That poor thing is a parts car. And I see a few things I would like!

too bad she's in indiana. I'd pick this thing up in a hearbeat. I could certainly shift some things around in the garage and get this on a rotisserie until I had some other projects out of the way. certianly no harm in it sitting inside while it waits for the proper care it needs.

280Z,

The Pics you have linked to have any additional info other then what pops up?

I have interest, but like many, a car like this would wind up on the next back burner in line behind 2 other cars in need of "fixes".

Lots of little knobs, & switches of interest.

david

I believe this is the pillar emblem that would be seen on an early home market car. I really do hope that this car gets a proper home and a proper resoration. It would be a shame if it became a parts car.

Take care,

Ben

post-3738-14150793646934_thumb.jpg

trying to arrange storage for it up north til I can get it to fla , I want that car , also trying to find out if I will have issues without a title with a friend of mine, gonna have to start looking for a garage with an attached house ROFL , if I can't make it work on my end someone please get it hate to see it go to the crusher:geek: