IGNORED

For Interest Only (Toyota 2000GT)

Alfadog

My daughter has a yamaha flute, and my Ford Taurus SHO has the wonderful Yamaha built V-6. Dual overhead cams, 3.0 litre, 4 valve per cylinder 220 hp. An absolutly fantastic engine! Thanks for the informative thread. I've seen a couple of the 2000's, one at the montery historics, the guy had it running, sounded sweeeeet!

Dave

Originally posted by daddz

I wonder how the lower roofline would have looked?

Just quickly did this... its an animated gif so you can see what it looked like before and after. It's only a couple of inches shorter but the difference is noticeable.

Maybe on a different angle would be better..

post-1243-14150793584311_thumb.gif

Yeah, you and me both Mike. It's just perfect for me the way it is, and my Dad had no trouble with headroom and he was 6'4".

If the roof had been 3 inches lower, it would have seriously compromised head room, not to mention the scale of the car itself. With the high beltline it would have also made the side windows way too small, talk about blind spots while driving......:cross-eye

Hi,

Alan,thank you for your transrate as usual.And we could have been meeting in KANSAI airport!!Next time you have to stay at my home!!

Nate and 59ghia,I did not know that YAMAHA is well known in the U.S.Taurus has YAMAHA V6...that surprised me.Did you know the YAMAHA's emblem shows three tone tuning bars?

dadds,thank you for your wonderful informations.Yes,2000GT was co-oparated with Shelby,I saw the car in some jamanese magazine.It is very cool.

What a informative and enjoyable website you found,dadds!!It is amazing.

Alfadog,I simply smiled when I saw your work of art.Well...lower roof for 240Z is so so for me.

Like 2ManyZs and Mike and Zkid said, I think low roof is a big matter for westerners.GT40 and Lotus europe,I can not believe thay can get into the cokpit.

Back to S30's height argument, Mr.UEMURA and his team got the average height of the U.S. airforce officer.The average data of 15,000 officers.Mr.UEMURA used this data to persuade Mr.MATSUO.

Mr.UEMURA felt Mr.MATSUO was so obstinate.Mr.UEMURA had a confidence if S30 has this height(a bit taller than a production model)S30 can cover 97.5% of U.S. citizen according this average data.Mr.UEMURA was ready if Mr.MATSUO accepted this height,

Mr.UEMURA could offer so much hard work of chassis design to reduce height as lower as he could,to make Mr.MATSUO happy and not to destroy body styling.

Finaly Mr.MATSUO accept the 97.5% concept,he accept 2 inch lower not 3 inch,Mr.UEMURA offered to solve 1 inch by chassis design.

P.S. this photo is the 2.3 SOHC

kats

post-3193-14150793584764_thumb.jpg

Originally posted by kats

Nate and 59ghia,I did not know that YAMAHA is well known in the U.S.Taurus has YAMAHA V6...that surprised me.Did you know the YAMAHA's emblem shows three tone tuning bars?

Yamaha is quite popular in the US. Besides the obvious (motorcycles, ATVs, Waverunners) they also have a big market in musical instruments. I've got a couple of Yamaha electronic keyboards and I think both of my accoustic guitars are Yamaha (I guess that's a sure sign that I haven't played them in a while - can't remember the brand).

I happend to be invited to the Fremantle Motor museum on wednesday, so I went along.

They Dont have a Toyota 2000GT, but they do have a Toyota Sports 800. Which has 2000GT style lights at the front. Tiny little 2 seater car, with a targa style roof.

I didnt have a camera with me, but heres a link to the FMM site.

Toyota S800

The picture is a S800, but not a picture of the actual s800 at the museum.

A Die Cast model of a S800

Modified S800

01-1.jpg

18142.jpg