IGNORED

Front Bumper Question

Koslov

Hi guys,

im fairly new around here.

I might get a 1977 280z and I would like to know if this bumper:

would fit on it. If yes, where can I purchase it?

Koslov-11111.jpg

Koslov-wheels_bumper.jpg

and this one also. Is it a custom made bumper? or can it be purchased somewhere? Also does anyone know what size , Brand/Model are the Rims + Tire on the Blue Z >?

Can it fit a 280z 1977

and the wheels on this one also!

sorry for so much questions ehheKoslov-323552384.jpg

The bumper is the standard early 70-early 73 style without the rubber (you can still see the holes where the rubber gets mounted through).

As far as obtaining one, new check with Chloe at Midwest Z, used check e-bay or your local boneyard. They are getting hard to find so don't be surprised to find the cost to be well over $150 and possibly still need chroming.

HTH

Enrique

Koslov, believe me you are not the first person to ask these questions, nor the last. As a suggestion, browse the archives on this site. You will be supprised at the amount of valuable information available to you if you look. Also, asking one specific question at a time is more likely to foster up an answer. Hope this info helps point you in the right direction. Welcome to the best early Z car site on the net!!!

Damn that guy with the blue 73' 240z is loaded or something

awesome Z

I realy wonder if I should buy one now.

I'm a student with 11,000 cdn in his bank account :stupid:

what do you say?

I realy don't know wich car to buy at ALL.

Please no civic or volks suggestion :)

One guy in my region is selling a pontiac beaumont 69' fully restored for 8000$cdn, awesome deal. worth 14,000$

needs to sell a.s.a.p , I have the cash but if I buy it i'd be broke :cry:

so hard for me to choose a car damn

Koslov,

Just to clear up any confusion, are you talking about the air dam (black) or the bumper (silver)? The air dams are available form a number of sources, new and used, and will fit a 1977 Z no problem.

The silver bumper, as Enrique stated, is from an early Z and with very little modification will also fit a '77.

As far as what to buy, part of the answer depends on whether you prefer to buy something already 'finished', ie; that you don't intend to make any modifications to. Or if you'd prefer to get something that you can tinker with, ie: modify to your personal desire.

And that all depends on how much you like to tinker with cars. Some guys prefer to just drive and pay for any/all repairs and mods. Most of the people on this site however, are inveterate tinkerers. Mostly because they love working on cars and Zeds are wonderfull to work on, and some in part because they can't afford to pay others to do the work for them (and I'm one of them ROFL ). Zeds are very modifiable and used parts are still in reasonable supply and relatively cheap.

As to brands, ie: Chevy v.s. Datsun, well again thats strictly a personal choice. Nothing against early American Iron, but not my cup of tea. In my book brute strength and big noise can never overcome bloated weight, lousy handling and poor braking.

I prefer light, agile, quick and sexy looking. To me that pretty much sums up what Zeds are all about.:love:

Cheers,

Peter