IGNORED

Spring 2004 Sport Z Magazine highlights & bonus gift info

SportZMagazine

The newest 64-page, full-color Sport Z Magazine is just about on press. Go to www.sportzmagazine.com for a sneak peak at the cover and table of contents. Here’s what subscribers can look forward to in our upcoming Spring 2004 Issue.

-Rare 240Z-SI Exposed

-260Z Centerfold

-Motorsports: East African Safari Rally

-A “Mr. Clean” 280ZX

-Married to the Mod: Z32 Boost Controllers

-The Hoodless Horseman: a V8 Z31

-350Z Supercharger Shootout: Stillen, ProCharger, Vortech

Interested? To get this issue with your paid subscription--SZM is currently not available on newsstands--be sure to order by Monday, February 23th. And new subscribers get a bonus gift: Nissan’s limited-edition set of three booklets commemorating the Z. Details and ordering info at www.sportzmagazine.com (or call circulation, 505-771-2374 or 505-867-4322).

Dave Bexfield

Editor, Sport Z Magazine

www.sportzmagazine.com

I'm sorry, but I can't pass up this opportunity and I hope everyone else adds their two cents worth. Slap me silly for saying this but the only really interesting thing I've seen in SZM is a picture of my 240, in Z sightings. (Thank you by the way!!!) To be truthful, it's the only reason I subscribed. Ok, that sounds a little egotistical but that's because I have a big ego! Shouldn't SZM be called Sport 350Z Magazine. At least that's what it all been about since the introduction of the 350Z, which I believe most of us do not even consider a real Z car. Come on, lets get creative alright. Just about all the tech articals in the rag seem to have been copied from old Z car archives on the net, which most all Z car owners have read before. And, is there something I'm missing with the cute girl in the coveralls??? Help me out here! Maybe some one can suggest to Ed (the mechanic guy) to dress for the 21st century and toss the 70's attire, geeees!!! Wouldn't it be cool to see some pics and coverage (more than just a couple of lines of text) of Z's at autocross, road course, or Targa events. I'm going to climb down off my soap box now and relax a little......I was getting all fired up. Don't get me wrong, there have been a couple of interesting pieces and it is kind of cool that there is a magazine just about Z cars. Maybe with a little input from the members on this site, we can assist Mr. Bexfield in improving a magazine with good potential.

Just one man's opinion....................................

I was throughly excited when SZM came out. I must agree with it leaning more towards the 350Z. I think they should break the magazine up into sections, 240Z -280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX (Z31, Z32) and the ever present 350Z. That way we could skip right to the Z of our choice. This way they could keep all Z owners happy because you know there would always be something related to your Z.

I've subscribed to the mag since day one and am starting to find less and less of my beloved 240Z and 280Z:cry:

That just my .02 cents.

Vicky

What?!?!!

A 260Z is this issues's featured centerfold! I think you will find the magazine similar to attending a Z club meeting - a great mix of all the flavors. I'm starting to see 350Zs on the race track and it's pretty exciting to see the heritage carried on. I hate to disagree, but the car says "Nissan" and it says "Z" - duck to me.

Yea! With a little help from this membership.... write an article!

Thanks for the comments Vicky and 240ZX. Your concerns are certainly valid and they are addressed in our upcoming magazine in the Letters to the Publisher section. For the record, there are 8 pages of 350Z-specific editorial and 9 pages of 1st gen-specific editorial in our upcoming Spring 2004 issue (the numbers, incidentally, were the reverse in our Winter 2003 issue). Bottom line, we try to keep at least some balance of editorial, but there would be no magazine without the 350Z and the advertisers that come with it.

I am a huge fan of the 240/280 and our associate publisher, Art Singer, is in the process of building a supercharged 240. If it were up to Art, the whole mag would be on his Z! Rest assured, there will always be a prominent place in SZM for the Z that started it all. And as 26th said, we're always looking for good article suggestions (and, for that matter, good writers).

Dave Bexfield

Editor, Sport Z Magazine

www.sportzmagazine.com

Thanks Dave

We all understand about the coverage of the 350Z. Hell, if I had an extra $40,000.00 my husband would get the top end super charged (soon to be) performance 350Z as one of his daily drivers. You must keep your sponsors happy or there would be no SZM.

As soon as you start leaning towards the 1st generation of Z cars, the 350Z folks will be upset. Can't please everyone. We should just feel lucky that there IS a magazine that even covers our beloved 240Zs.

I meant no disrespect of your 350Z coverage. Keep up the good work.

Vicky

P.S. More 240Z - 280Z coverage please LOLROFL

I'm a 240-280Z guy too, and don't care too much for the 350Z, but as long as there's a good bit of coverage on our cars in the magazine, I'll still read it. In fact, I find myself reading about the Z31/32 mods and stuff whether I would own one or not!

Just don't cut the early stuff down to nothing, and I'm there :classic: . The more, the better, of course!

Hey Dave,

How do I get a SZM sticker to sport on the Z-race car? Did you have any made? I think my subscription is about due to renew too so when I get home tonight I'm gona take a look. How's the Datsun / Nissan racing side of things look for up coming issues?

New year and lots of races, open track, test drives, and event coming up across the country.

Cheers, Craig

:classic:

We Cry "Not enough S30 coverage"

They cry "Not enough (S130, Z31, Z32, Z33) coverage"

Must be tough to balance it out.

True, I care for the S30 pages, but I like the whole mag, cause I like all the Z cars (albeit some more than others).

It's a happy day when my mailbox sports a Sport Z Magazine!