IGNORED

High speed ejection

car_dumi

When I get up to about 70 mph on the highway my trunk pops open!! I don't mean to say that the whole thing actually opens but instead that the latch becomes unlatched. It even happens when I lock it! I've tried pulling it up when not moving but it doesn't budge.

What's going on? Quick fix?

I'm going to do some research on this one and get back to you. Right off the top of my head, I would check to make sure you have no play in the latch mechanism, that it's adjusted properly and that the pin can actually be completely captured by the latch and not just barely.

Apply crayon,toothpaste ,wet paint ,wheelbearing grease,pencil lead,a strip of scotch tape, whatever to the hook on your deck lid.Close deck lid.Open deck lid.Notice how much of the "Filler" is missing.This will show you how deep the latch is seating.Mark the location of the latches with a marker(remember we want to be able to put humpty dumpty back together)Adjust latch.Lather,rinse ,repeat. Alcohol will remove your "home position"marks Have fun !! Daniel