IGNORED

ZX Electronic Distributor

morfirst

I purchased an electronic distributor for my 72 240Z from a zcar salvage yard in california. I received a distributor with an Ign module of E12-93 marking, a separate distributor mounting piece, a 12 volt coil and mount. When I talked to the person over the phone, I explicity requested a distributor from a 79 280ZX with an Ign module marked E12-80 or older. The distributor did not come with a cap. I assume that since the module is marked E12-93, that the part is off of 1993 300ZX. Will this work, or did I get taken? Also, the Ign module has terminals marked C/B and two marked I/W. As I understood it, the C/B terminals are the terminals for the coil. What would I do with the I/W terminals? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Morfirst , Blitz has it right , the module you have will not work, it does need the computer. I dont know if you can just change the module and use the dist. or not. I got mine from a '79zx and it worked great for about a year and a half. I have the engine out right now , when I pulled the dist I found the internals are in need of new parts. Havent done it y et. They are great units and really improve the performance of the car. I would post this on the proper section and you will get some one that can tell y ou if you can use the dist. with a different module. I believe some of the maxamas hed the 12 80 modules also . all the best. Gary:classic:

I contacted ZandZXparts in Glendale, Ca.. (garykaz@pacbell.com) He assures me it will work. He sent me a remanufactured 79 280ZX distributor with the E12 93 Ign module. To quote "I have been doing this for 18 years, trust me." He also stated he could send me the E12 80 if it would satisfy me, but he is sure the current set up will work. Why do these things always happen to me?!