IGNORED

280Z wiring diagram

zrl

does anyone have a copy of a 1978 280z wiring diamgram that can send to me through e-mail?

I just bought a used 1978 clymer repair manual, but there is no wiring diagram.

I need it to figure out what did the previous owner did to the car, messing up the instrument lights and the horn (he installed an alarm system, there is no diagram for the alarm neighter). I can't see the engine and car speed at night, plus, I can't honk on those reckless drivers--dangerous.

I really appreciate if anyone can help.

Hey Guys,

I have a good copy (clear) of the late 280Z schematic. It has the split fuel injection solenoid, ie: pump solenoid, separate from the main fuel injection solenoid and located under the relay bracket adjacent to the battery. I am told this is build dates May '78 and later.

I will see if my scanner still works this Monday, when I return home. If so I will post them .

Ed

• 2 years later...

The Color schematic cited above by 280~Master is great, however it is inapplicable to the later 1978 280Z, which has 3 fuel injection related relays like a zx. One on the following noted schematic is the fuel injection relay (top center). Two are located bottom center and operrate the pump, same as a 79 ZX. In fact the 79 ZX schematic is closer (other than location of items) than the 77 280Z.

Go to the following URL (autozone) and click on Fig. 20: Engine control schematic-1978 280 Z http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?ForwardPage=/az/cds/en_us/0900823d/80/1d/1d/80/0900823d801d1d80.jsp