IGNORED

Help needed ...ALAN (HS-30-H)

240znz

Alan....I tried sending you a PM but you mail box is full...tried a email but you haven't taken up that option....hence this post. Anyone else has some ideas then please feel free to add your thoughts.

Looking at buying a 69 240Z. Yes it has the hatch grills and the 240Z on the B pillar...might be onto a early one here....RUST RUST RUST.

Onl;y problem is that I am a little confused about the model no's supplied by the vendor. The model is HS00352. I thought that it should be HS30-0352. Not too sure where to look next.

Can you help. I need to know pretty quick as I need to book a flight to view this car and I need to be quick.

Cheers,

As far as I know it should be HS30 not HS00 hence the term body style S30. 280zx is S130 etc...

Obviously they've supplied an incorrect number misread it or something.

Sounds like an early model Z good luck.

Hope that helps a bit.:classic:

Hi 240znz,

Sorry - I'll sort out my PM box ( didn't realise it was full ).

I think the seller has mis-described the number and that you are correct; it will almost certainly be "HS30-00352".

I think you will find that its true date of manufacture was very early in 1970 rather than late 1969. RHD cars were indeed made in 1969, but an HS30 in the mid three-hundreds is going to be a 1970 for sure.

Hope it turns out to be good enough to buy. Let us know how you get on..............

Good luck!

Alan T

thanks guys for the quick replies.

turns out that it was imported from Australia in 74 into NZ.

unfortunately the E31 head has been replaced as it cracked (or something), but the rest sounds like original......

I'll keep you posted.

Early E88's are almost identical in terms of head design depends on if your building for concours purposes I guess but you can always find a E31 head on Ebay or the like despite that Z garage site saying they were all used up for racing in the 70's & 80's.

Good Luck.

Not too sure which head has been put on but I'm not really concerned as I'm not going to go the full hog as to regard to restoring it. If I get it I'll use it for a 2nd car and slowly build up a L28 with some handling and stopping upgrades on the way. That will just start the money pit filling up I'm sure but that is not the reason I'm buying one, just need one really, and while the wife is on holiday in the UK I'd better get it eh.

Anyone got any good excuses????

But thanks for info.

Do what I do - don't tell her the whole truth ( and more specifically, the whole truth about where the money goes! ).

Z Kid is right though. I think that's the best excuse. At least "her indoors" knows where I am and what I'm doing. She knew I had this car mania affliction when she took me on. Bless her heart....

Alan T.

With my missus she always says I love the car more than her but that's ok.

I tell her it's not true but she seems to know I have a passion for it and she encourages me working on the car because she enjoys being a passenger in it.

She understands I burn alot of money on it but I still pay for me and her to go out even if she does protest to me paying :).

I guess she's happier that I spend more time and money on the car than going out to nightclubs with friends and the possibility of other women.:tapemouth

Get it while she's away and she won't have much of a choice :).

Well here are some pics of the mnoey pit.

Not too sure if the early models had the plastic overriders on the bumpers (if that is what they are called).

Also it has a 5 speed badge on the rear. Not too sure if it has a 4 or not.

Looks like the E31 is also included (has a water leak)...not too sure what is wrong with that. It has a E88 on it now. Take a look at the rocker cover. I think it should be "Datsun" and not "Nissan-OHC"...any ideas.

Anyway....booking a flight tomorrow for Carlos county....yikes.

There is a little rust that I can see on the drivers side sill. Hopefully a easy repair.

Your thoughts?

James

post-1608-14150792802822_thumb.jpg