IGNORED

disassembled throttle linkage, what is this little rubber piece?

jeremy93ls

21 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Isn't there a stopper on the clutch peddle or one of the peddles?  

Was it in the cabin?

That's a good one.  

Show the back of the piece.  Is there a hole that fits over a nut or stud?  The AFM plug is solid.

1 hour ago, Reptoid Overlords said:

IMG_20171125_161923.jpegthe back has an indention, and is tapered on the front.

I meant that the OP should show the back of his.  I've never seen one of yours on an AFM.  I think it might be a hardware store replacement.  I think that the rubber corks are stock, although many AFM's are sealed with clear hard sealant.  Who knows.

Great advice and pictures!

I am missing the AFM plug, but this one is a little too small to fit securely in that void. Both sides are smooth/flat. It had to come from the throttle assembly or something directly attached to it because that's all I was tinkering with yesterday. Both clutch and brake pedal have their larger, clear rubber stoppers and I can't imagine it came from inside the cabin unless it hitched a ride on my sleeve when I popped the pedal linkage off.

Maybe whatever it's from is OK without it. There doesn't seem to be any wear marks on it, so its had a pretty easy life until now.

IMG_20171126_081315122.jpg