IGNORED

Facebook vs Forums

JSM

Hey Guys, this is definitely not the first topic I thought I'd be commenting on here. But, for what it's worth, a very big reason behind my Datsun ownership was that I wanted to push myself to do things that are out of my comfort zone (like, you know...talk to people.)

That being said and given my age bracket, Facebook should have been a natural fit, but it's not. Other than having a couple knowledgeable friends over to the house, this site can't be beat.

Happy Holidays, very thankful you all are out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That's one of the best I've read in the time I've been on here.

Thank you so much!  People like you (and me) who appreciate the help from more experienced members is what got me hooked on this forum.  I'd never rebuilt a car motor before and have terrible anxiety but getting help and forming friendships here I feel like I can do anything to a straight six L motor.

You'll have a great experience with your car knowing your out of your comfort zone but have thousands of people just waiting to chime in and help.  Helping is a way of paying back what we have learned here.  I know I'll do whatever I can. :)

Oh yeah, welcome to our forum! :D

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

I did that too. Way back many moons ago before things got security tightened I had an account for Heim Nassole. I even found some family there.

But in the past year or so I deleted that old acct and went legit because I actually wanted to try to use the facebook. But get this... Now that I've deleted the old fake name acct and created a legit one, my account gets locked about every two weeks or so "because they detect suspicious activity".

What suspicious activity? I haven't even logged in for two weeks??? I have to send them a picture of me, or a copy of my ID about twice a month, and there's no way to contact them. Their user forum is the only "help". I started a topic there with the details, and got no response. Nobody read it, nobody responded. Nothing. Waste of time.

It's really taking what little joy there was out of it.    :angry2:

Wow.  That's crazy. I started out with my real name then went fake due to friends of friends crap. I just didn't like it so it went away. 

FB contact policy reminds of why I don't like internet companies like eBay and PayPal. Go to contact someone and your stuck waiting on email! Like what, you can take my money but not provide phone support? It's like "we're cutting edge".... no phone support.

1 hour ago, Unicorn Z said:

Hey Guys, this is definitely not the first topic I thought I'd be commenting on here. But, for what it's worth, a very big reason behind my Datsun ownership was that I wanted to push myself to do things that are out of my comfort zone (like, you know...talk to people.)

That being said and given my age bracket, Facebook should have been a natural fit, but it's not. Other than having a couple knowledgeable friends over to the house, this site can't be beat.

Happy Holidays, very thankful you all are out there.

Great feedback. Welcome to the fun!  This is really a great site. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JSM said:

FB contact policy reminds of why I don't like internet companies like eBay and PayPal. Go to contact someone and your stuck waiting on email!

It gets worse... There isn't even any email support contact. The ONLY support is on their user forum.

And wait... It gets worse yet!  ..................... You ready for it???    You have to be logged in to post on their forum.

The problem I was having was that I can't log in because my account is locked. Catch 22!!

• Haha 1