Dlobi

What is this?

Found these (4 of then banded together) in the storage bin under tools and Jack. 

Not sure if Datsun/Nissan parts but they have that plating that makes me think so. Looks like spring loaded clips or shims. 

1510670071606959669050.jpg

Those are probably to hold the carpet in place. I have them in my 260Z.

2 minutes ago, SteveJ said:

Those are probably to hold the carpet in place. I have them in my 260Z.

Steve is correct. Those look like original carpet hold down clips, fairly rare to see original. Repros are available

Yep, mine is a skinny bumper 260.

Cool. Thanks guys. Where exactly did they go? I'm afraid to touch the rubber band, it's 44 years brittle. The bands on my luggage tie down straps (to bundle up the extra length) are also intact and very hard. I won't be reviving them either. This will unfortunately be for sale soon. 

1510671831931959669050.jpg

8 minutes ago, Dlobi said:

Cool. Thanks guys. Where exactly did they go? I'm afraid to touch the rubber band, it's 44 years brittle. The bands on my luggage tie down straps (to bundle up the extra length) are also intact and very hard. I won't be reviving them either. This will unfortunately be for sale soon. 

1510671831931959669050.jpg

Are you selling those carpet hold down clips?

Well, I figured they should stay with the car. This is my 5th S30 over the years and second 260. It's by far the nicest and about 100% factory complete car I've seen. It sat 30 years in a garage. Would feel like I'm stealing something from her to sell em. 

20171021_151955.jpg

Being rubber banded together and in the bottom of the storage bin, were they packaged as extras from the factory?

33 minutes ago, Dlobi said:

If my feeble memory works, I'll take photos tonight.

The carpet clips were used on the left and right front floorboard carpet.  Z shaped tabs protrude from the floor just ahead of the front seat risers.  The Z tabs passed through slits in the carpet and the clips in question installed over the carpet with the wavy leg under the Z tab.  I believe Nissan shipped the clips in the glove box as the carpet may have been installed once the car arrived at port of destination or by dealer.

The reproduction clips are stainless steel, so not technically correct.

Very nice to know. I always wondered what those were on the floor for. When they were brand new I was a kid and never got to see inside one. But they looked DAMNED COOL going down the street then.

They still look damn cool going down the street. I almost crash my truck if one drives by trying to look at it. A '72 240 was my first car from the day I turned 16. Chrome bumpers, those sexy headlight cones, long low power bulge hood. They sure took America by storm.

Screenshot_2017-11-14-13-45-58.png

Edited by Dlobi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dlobi said:

Well, I figured they should stay with the car. This is my 5th S30 over the years and second 260. It's by far the nicest and about 100% factory complete car I've seen. It sat 30 years in a garage. Would feel like I'm stealing something from her to sell em. 

20171021_151955.jpg

Couldn’t agree with you more.  When you said  “this unfortunately be for sale soon” I wasn’t clear on 

what you were referring to.