IGNORED

water spots in wax question

siteunseen

I had my car cut and buffed a couple of years ago and have waxed it a few times with McGuires #7 glaze. Now after spraying It off with the hose pipe I have some water spots.

Will a clay bar get those out? My Dad said vinegar and water would work but I'd rather clay bar it. Vinegar's for pickles.

Thanks for any replies.

Cliff

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

Cliff,

I suspect the spots are hard water spots. Drying the car after washing may help prevent them... Your dad might be right about the vinegar...

First do the wash job in the shade, if possible, then dry car with towel. I have found this mostly deters those hard water spots.

Have not done this on my Z yet, but on my daily driver I experimented by mixing car wash soap (any brand) and a small handful of automatic

dishwasher soap to wash car. Wow, cleanest result I ever got. And it seemed to soften the water as well, which helps.