IGNORED

Early 12/69 Build 240Z

KenFirch

6 hours ago, Patcon said:

It could be a good investment if it's really going to be as cheap as the add suggest. Even if you had to undo all the mods. Those cars are gonna be worth a lot of money before long...

Maybe not this one. Even if you undid the body mods, the original motor is still long gone. The numbers not matching will really ding the value.

11 hours ago, rturbo 930 said:

Maybe not this one. Even if you undid the body mods, the original motor is still long gone. The numbers not matching will really ding the value.

Not nearly like the mods would. The only way to know it's not the original motor is to examine the numbers, but the mods are visible from 30' not 6"...

I hate when people do that.  If you going to have an auction, put it on ebay and tell folks that, but craigslist, really. 

Had a guy selling a $600 300zxt.  Asked for pics, 2 days later he says he's changed his mind, blah, blah, blah.

44 minutes ago, JSM said:

I hate when people do that.  If you going to have an auction, put it on ebay and tell folks that, but craigslist, really. 

Had a guy selling a $600 300zxt.  Asked for pics, 2 days later he says he's changed his mind, blah, blah, blah.

It happens.  I bought a '69 Camaro Z28 clone that way several years ago.  Was on CL for $13K and was 3 hours away.  Rush to the bank on a Friday, ended up having to go to two banks to get all the cash, go to the address he gives me, turns out its not his house.  I call and after several attempts he finally gives the correct house and street several blocks over.  I pull up at the same time another guy does with a truck and trailer.  I am looking it over with like 7 other guys at this point and I just say, I will take it without even hearing it run.  Another guy pops up and says he wants it too and the seller instantly and on queue turns in to an auctioneer.  After several rounds I come out on top at $15K.  Several guys including the guy with the trailer drove further than I did and were rightfully pissed.  The seller did this by design and should consider himself lucky the other unhappy parties did not come back and give him a real piece of their mind.  Just not cool.

16 minutes ago, Hardway said:

It happens.  I bought a '69 Camaro Z28 clone that way several years ago.  Was on CL for $13K and was 3 hours away.  Rush to the bank on a Friday, ended up having to go to two banks to get all the cash, go to the address he gives me, turns out its not his house.  I call and after several attempts he finally gives the correct house and street several blocks over.  I pull up at the same time another guy does with a truck and trailer.  I am looking it over with like 7 other guys at this point and I just say, I will take it without even hearing it run.  Another guy pops up and says he wants it too and the seller instantly and on queue turns in to an auctioneer.  After several rounds I come out on top at $15K.  Several guys including the guy with the trailer drove further than I did and were rightfully pissed.  The seller did this by design and should consider himself lucky the other unhappy parties did not come back and give him a real piece of their mind.  Just not cool.

Wow.  That is crazy stuff.

So even at $15K it was money well spent?