IGNORED

What would you pay

Phyldoe

Here on the east coast,  2k is average price on an early ZX if fair to good shape.   I don't see much room for making much on a flip at that price, at least around here,  and they seem to sell  v e r y  slowly compared to the S30's.  Just my 2 cents.  

Although, as Blue pointed out a while back, that lowering and widening the stance does improve the look quite a bit.  Could be a fun mod project while not expecting too much in return.

Edited by gwri8

Really 79 least desirable? To me that's like saying the 70 is the least desirable!  ? I know it's a ZX though.

Its a slick top which is great. No worry about leaking t-tops. I would put that in your ad. What hurts it is the auto.

See if you can get it lower like  $1500. Then ask $4500. BAT they seems to be selling for decent money like $5-6k. Clean turbo model 10k plus. 

Just be prepared to own it or sell it for what you have bought it for.  I think in another 10 years prices will start creaping up. 

If you have space buy it and sit on it. 

Edited by JSM

That car would do about 4-5000 euro over here.. in auto..  with 5 speed it would be a 7-8000 euro car in good, fair condition..  A euro version could bring a bit more as they are very rare..  79 was over here the first year for a 280zx. As sayd.. prices are going up in the near future..

240z's that are 2000 dollar in de States are over here sold (Complete wrecks!!!)  for 10000 euro's !  crazy..  (see  www.speurders.nl  type: 240z  or  Datsun )   OH.. there is were my old datsun is gone hahaha... i here you say..

On 11/6/2017 at 7:01 PM, Phyldoe said:

I'm thinking of buying 1979  280 zx to flip. Seller is willing to sell for $2000. Exterior is in great condition. No rust. Interior needs some  tlc. Runs and drives and had 118k miles. Desert car and garaged. Thoughts??

Buy and drive it, my friend.  Not sure how much you'd get on the flip, but, this is a car that you could pick up for $1,500-$2,000 and enjoy.  Do the checks to make sure it's mechanically sound, of course.