IGNORED

Skyline Y-70 head on '73 240z engine in Torrance CA

Stanley

The head is from a 1980 C211 as far as I know. Supposedly low-mileage and perfect-looking when I got it in about 2011. One of our members ran a modified version on a built L30 with good results. Build thread on HybridZ.  I've read that it is or was popular in NZ for circle track racers. Not much top end but enough torque that the dyno techs at the MSA show a few years ago commented on it. Good at the drag strip or freeway on ramps. Improved 0-60 and quarter mile E.T. in my otherwise stock '73 AT. Almost a flat torque line from 2500 to 4500 rpm. Complete head assembly with stock JDM skyline cam.  It has some compression on a 240 engine, so it needs premium gas only.

I think the block might have a broken ring. No bearing noises. About 145 K miles on it. Last August it suddenly started smoking badly. Non-smoker previously. Found oil in the cylinders. So it probably needs at least new rings.

Selling the block and head only. Keeping carbs, ignition etc.  $400 for engine, $100 OBO for block only. $350 minimum offer for head only. Local pick up in Torrance.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

Yeah, still got it. Didn't get around to the heater fix swap. It's in Torrance. Was supposed to pick it up last week but was swamped with work.

PM me if interested.

Edited by Stanley