IGNORED

Group 4 PAG (Replica Campagnolo 40802) Wheels

Matthew Abate

I was sniffing around a Porsche forum and found this company called Group 4 that makes a replica of the Campagnolo 40802 wheel. The Campagnolo 40802 wheel is what the Hayashi Street is based on, which is what the Rota Shakotan is based on.

customer_43_6_s.jpg

Group 4 sells a couple of different diameters in a handful of widths, and you can get them in 114.3 4 lug with a custom offset in either mag color or gold. One 15x7" wheel costs, £336.00 including VAT. I've reached out a couple of times but not gotten a response, but that might be because I've been using social media instead of email.

http://group4wheels.com

Not sure if they're related. Campagnolo wheels for cars go way back and we're used on Porsche 911s and 914s. DeTonasso Panteras also got them.

Hayashi made the Hayashi Street Mag, which is actually manufactured by Campagnolo. It came only in 14x6 and looks almost identical to the 40802 except the Hayashi branding and Manufactured in Italy castings.

The Hayashi Street is their polished face version with black recesses and is readily available. The Rota Shakotan is a knockoff of the Hayashi and comes in black with polished face or black with just the lip polished.

If you want the mag look, which I think is cleaner and more period correct, you're going to have to get the Group 4s.

I’m pretty sure it’s the same bike company. Magnus Walker is a big fan of these. Thought about them when I had my 84 Carrera but pricey enough. Nice period correct wheels though.

12/70 2.6 block E88 heads Mallory DCOE40 3/2 Abarth Tokico 1-3/4 sways ext oil cooler