IGNORED

Happy Halloween

siteunseen

My other hobby is Halloween.  I set up at a family member's house since I don't have a yard.  And their neighborhood is like the biggest Halloween draw in the city.  Most of the stuff you see was "custom" made by me, or assembled from bits and pieces.  At least one of those monsters was made using an old Christmas tree stand lol.   Some others used old fan stands.

I set all of this up starting at 6 am Oct 31.  We had over 650 Trick or Treaters.  It was cold, 25 F and light snow.  Then I put it all away after, passed out with extreme soreness at about 10 pm.  I'm not 18 anymore hahaha.  

My DD Tahoe also broke the sun shell at noon (transmission, lost R, 2, and 4), after picking up some dry ice and balloons.  Not sure I'm going to fix it, time for a new daily... that's what's really scary!

Sorry I didn't get any night/lighting pics, I was too busy scaring kids as Michael Myers.  But I had lots of blue LED floods, amber LED candles, and lots of red and fire n ice light for the gates of hell.  And two fog machines with chillers.  

devil.png

front yard 2.jpg

gates.jpg

clown.jpg

Side yard.jpg

pumpkins.jpg

Edited by ramsesosirus
grammurr
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mike said:

@ramsesosirus, that is some serious Halloweening !!  I bet this setup looked great at night with all the lights on.  We take our son out every year and just love to see how imaginative people can be with their homes...  

BTW, that clown is freaky as hell..

Thanks guys, I make stuff for it all year.  That clown was some kind of mask, that I repainted. It's been chilling right outside my room for a few months, and he's still there right now... I can't look at him for too long!

And found a costume/mannequin for him.  He had a balloon on Halloween haha!  I got a lot of it last year on clearance, 50-75% off (Stuff is expensive...)

Yeah, really wish I would've got some night pics... the lighting really does make it!  

I started doing it a few years ago for that same reason, I loved seeing the decorated houses when I was a kid.

I wish I could leave it out longer, but theft and vandalism would be likely... 

I'll probably stop thinking about Halloween until about April, then start getting excited for it again.  Not sure I can top this years though, unless I get a bigger yard!  The only thing that is hard to get right is the fog, since any wind ruins it.  Oh I do need to add more sound effects though, my battery powered MP3s didn't last very long.

Thanks

Edited by ramsesosirus

40 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I looped growling dogs mp3s and blasted it through my home stereo this year. I had to talk a few trick or treaters into coming to my front porch, their parents laughing.

Haha, great.  I had some a growling dog/wolf sound too, over by the "hound of hell" by the devil... but it died real quickly.

I even scared a few parents, mostly with the Nun from The Conjuring, which I don't think you can see if the pictures... here she is.

She's actually very scary in the movie "The Conjuring 2", which I've only seen clips of.  Might even compete with the Exorcist lady for scariness.

And her "theme song" is "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" (Christmas song) which really ups to creepy factor (It's in the movie, not my idea unfortunately..). 

Valak's theme song youtube

Several adults asked if she moved, and I said "not until dark!" hahaha it's just a styrofoam head painted by me, with a nun costume, on a lamp stand.... I've become very resourceful since I've gotten the Z!

And here's a few more Halloween photos, while I'm at it...

nun.jpg

ghost.jpg

DSC06349.JPG

DSC06342.JPG

Edited by ramsesosirus
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, siteunseen said:

You, my friend, are talented.  Go to Hollyweird and show off your skills. :)

Haha thanks.  First I need to find a car and move into this apartment and pay off that dental bill... then the WORLD! 

Unfortunately, as with everything, it's always about money $$$.  If I had the money, I'd be able to start some businesses, haunted houses, Halloween stores, get a production line for some of the stuff.  

I will crush Spirit Halloween!  Halloween is an 8 billion dollar a year industry- surely I can think of a way to get a piece of that... back to the lab...