IGNORED

Mystery Part? part two

Packerz

Earlier post re: open space in dash molding on 1977280.  Replies did confirm this open area as the place for a dash mounting screw.  That being confirmed as the reason for the cutout, I still have doubts about that cutout area not being covered in some way.  It looks too obvious/unfinished...even for a series l ?.   Wasn’t there some type of plastic cover (molded plastic insert?) to fill space after dash screw installed... press on/pop open cover for access ??  I could paint that area black to reduce contrast of the original body paint color behind dash and visible in this cut out area....I just can’t believe it wasn’t a covered access.  Trying not to obsess but it is so obvious with original light blue metal!!!   Earlier thread seems to have ended in an accident experiences??.   Thank y’all for any pertinent input to this seeming mystery!  Please respond to e-mail    dbparker54@yahoo.com