IGNORED

Coilover weld cost & location?

Hey guys,

I need new coilovers at all 4 corners. Regardless of the fact that I have no idea yet which ones to get, I need a few questions answered:

1. Where did you take your coilovers + strut tube to have them welded together? (do I need a specialty shop or what?)
  2. How much did it cost to weld all 4 coilovers? (I plan on taking them the new coilovers + disassembled part)
  3. What do I need to provide to the shop to have the job done? (which OEM parts, what kind of info do I need to provide in terms of ride height, etc.)

haha ugh... that does help but it seems to be a little bit more involved than I was hoping for. That answers question #3.

Anyone have an idea on cost to weld/where I can take it? Should I take to a Z-specialty shop or can any custom-fab shop do it?

Edited by AlbatrossCafe

There is a thread here from Wheee! where he shows details of how he did the prep and welding of his weld on - coil overs. 

1976 280z Restoration Progress is the name of the thread, page 63 is where it starts.

I highly recommend this type of installation and coil over style. Any welding shop can do it. There is nothing special about welding one steel tube to another.

This is not a plug, well not much of one, but I bought Gecko weld on coil overs for my 510 and I'm pleased with the quality and price. They are new and trying to make a good impression. A full set of 510 coil overs were something like $850 USD shipped. They had a similar deal for S30. 

• Thanks 1