IGNORED

Boiled Jumbos

siteunseen

I drove to Chipley, FL Friday to get 96 pounds of green jumbo peanuts.  10 hours, 600 miles me and the dog.  I don't think my dog had much fun though.  The picture looks fake but I promise they are that fat.  Only available in October, south Georgia and Alabama, north Florida.  I had some at a wedding earlier and just had to have my own stash.

Boiled half Saturday and the other half Sunday.  Sea salt, Zatarain's spicy crab boil, 8 green jalepenos sliced lengthwise.  Boiled 3 hours then let them soak 4 hours.  Put them in a refrigerator overnight and bagged them up in gallon Ziplocs.  I have a deep freezer with 45 bags in there.  Maybe I'll still have some for Atlanta's ZCON next year?  If you can believe it they make beer even better. :D

20171014_131404.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, those are some fatties!! I've never seen anything like that before!

Boiled peanuts are definitely a regional thing. I like them, but you never ever ever never find them this far North. People look at you with a complete blank lack of comprehension or disbelief. Sometimes even disgust. Every time I travel to far enough South, I eat some. My travelling companions think I'm nuts, but that's no surprise.

So... A rock solid frozen bag packed in a little box made out of a couple layers of Styrofoam wall insulation would probably survive two days in the mail, wouldn't it? Build a little cubic foot hollow box out of the stuff?  LOL