IGNORED

LED bulbs for Fog Lamps

TomoHawk

I was searching for some  brighter 70W H1 bulbs for the auxiliary lamps, and it seems that all you can get is LEDs.  Then I viewed a few Youtube videos that pointed out the brighter LED bulbs were bigger and wouldn't fit.    Is it worth pursuing an LED bulb to replace the standard halogen, even for the 55W bulb?

Where would you be able to get higher-wattage halogen bulb(70W or 80W or more)  in a nice 3200K color ?  It seems you'll need to order from an overseas supplier, such as Germany or China.

It seems that the higher wattage bulbs also use a higher voltage.  That is, the 70W bulb is 24Volts.  So a bulb swap isn't that "simple."

In general, I'd say that you could probably put a 70W bulb into a lamp that was designed for a 55W bulb, with a small amount of additional current draw and heat.

For such a lamp, is a 100W bulb too much?  For a spot lamp, you'd want a LOT of light going down the road, as long as you aim it properly, and  don't melt the wires or the lamp.