IGNORED

Windshield Washer Reservoir

nbenning

Paint remover to remove paint. Even DOT3 brake fluid works well. Safe on the skin and leaves it with a silky feeling I find refreshing.   

Abrasives will scratch plastics. I remember some thread here about treating/bleaching the yellowing. Don't remember what was used, mostly that it was a bit of a process.... 

Edited by zKars

1 hour ago, zKars said:

Even DOT3 brake fluid works well. Safe on the skin and leaves it with a silky feeling I find refreshing.   

That is an absolutely hilarious comment!  :D:D :D Never heard brake fluid described in quite that fashion.  Makes my want to go home and slather up my hands with it right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Test a small area with MEK or acetone.  If it's a lacquer it might come right off.  I think the tank is made of nylon (polyamide) which should be okay as long as you don't soak it in solvent.

Found a nice reference chart, if you don't have either of those.  Nylon 6 and 6/6 are similar.

http://www.plasticsintl.com/plastics_chemical_resistence_chart.html

• Like 1

Hey Folks!

Thanks for the various suggestions (and comic relief as well) I decided to do try the "Chore Girl" suggestion, though now my attention is to research that soda blasting method for other parts of the vehicle ... A small amount of scratching of the plastic was observed, but overall I'm pleased with the results.  Equipped her with a new wiper motor and getting ready to install her tomorrow!

Cheers!

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

FullSizeRender (7).jpg