IGNORED

1972 Fairlady Z Value

Joy Rd Hot Rods

Hello, I currently have a 1972 Fairlady Z that have entertained the idea of selling it. The car has been in dry storage since the early 80's only having 29,000 kilometers on the car, I see the early Z market all over the map and I was looking for a honest answer on its value. I know it's no 432 but I believe it has to be one of the most original Fairlady Z's out there the gas tank , carbs and brake's need attention from sitting has great oil pressure alternator charges it runs great considering how long it really has seen the road. I am not familiar how the production number go but the firewall stamp read's S30-09435    Thanks Dwayne 734-395-3240  3dcustoms@gmail.com   

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_1327.JPG

IMG_1291.JPG

IMG_1277.JPG

• Like 4

Someone else was asking the exact same question about the exact same type of car.  See below.  Since you have provided some pictures and details, based on your post it is a $13K - $20K car as it is right now.  Get it running and stopping well, address the carbs, brakes, and gas tank, you would see $20K - $30K.  Unsure what your selling plans are but your phone is probably ringing off the hook right now.  If you are looking to maximize your sale price then get all of the systems sorted, clean and detail it, get someone to help you make a few small videos of it running and driving, and post it on Bring A Trailer auctions.  This car would get a lot of attention.  Good luck and keep us posted!

47 minutes ago, Joy Rd Hot Rods said:

Hello, I currently have a 1972 Fairlady Z that have entertained the idea of selling it.

I am not familiar how the production number go but the firewall stamp read's S30-09435

I would date 'S30-09435' as being around February/March/April 1972 production date. Looks like a good honest car to me.

Hard to tell from the photos whether it is an S30-S Fairlady Z 'Standard' model or an S30 Fairlady Z-L 'Deluxe' model, although the non-trimmed 'Standard' bumpers might be a clue. It is also wearing the 'Deluxe' hubcaps so perhaps it is an example of a Standard model with a few extra option boxes ticked, or later Deluxe additions? If it has a 4-speed transmission it's probably a Standard model.

This car might well be of interest to United Kingdom-based buyers. I will spread the word. There's also a Facebook group for USA-based Fairlady Z owners which would I am sure be interested in it. GLWS!  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hardway said:

Someone else was asking the exact same question about the exact same type of car.  See below.  Since you have provided some pictures and details, based on your post it is a $13K - $20K car as it is right now.  Get it running and stopping well, address the carbs, brakes, and gas tank, you would see $20K - $30K.  Unsure what your selling plans are but your phone is probably ringing off the hook right now.  If you are looking to maximize your sale price then get all of the systems sorted, clean and detail it, get someone to help you make a few small videos of it running and driving, and post it on Bring A Trailer auctions.  This car would get a lot of attention.  Good luck and keep us posted!

Yes that "SOMEONE"''term used loosely" was being much too coy about the car. No pictures just asking what a Fairlady is worth. I guess he was trying to avoid getting snaked. I agree with the attached post. Easily 30K with a little T L C. Probably much more than "SOMEONE" is willing to pay. He seems to be much more interested in those with half a brain anyway! Good luck with the sale. Use the 30K wisely

37 minutes ago, esmit208 said:

Yes that "SOMEONE"''term used loosely" was being much too coy about the car. No pictures just asking what a Fairlady is worth. I guess he was trying to avoid getting snaked. I agree with the attached post. Easily 30K with a little T L C. Probably much more than "SOMEONE" is willing to pay. He seems to be much more interested in those with half a brain anyway! Good luck with the sale. Use the 30K wisely

I think you're being a bit too harsh here. All's fair in love, war and car sales. It's difficult to get a gauge on what something's worth without blowing its cover and alerting the wider market to it. He was walking a tightrope there.

Hello Guys,   I am the owner of the Z and not trying to create a war I was browsing on another site and came across a guy looking for early Japanese cars, That's what started the whole deal so I thought I would put my feelers on to see what I have been hanging on to for so long.  As I see everybody going ape $^!# over preservation cars I thought this is probably one of the most original Fairlady's out there and they are only original once and yes I realize its no 432 but. And yes my phone has been ringing off the hook I have had a offer north of 30 so I am just taking it all in at the moment. And the car does have the 5 speed trans I am trying to get all the original paper work for the car soon.          

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1261.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

JOY

I for one am glad you stepped forth to lay this matter to rest. BUT JUST FOR THE RECORD TO THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY, these incessant questions about what something is worth annoy me to no end. Ultimately it is worth WHAT YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR IT!  Personally I would not consider myself an enthusiast with the idea of buying cars or anything else for that matter just to flip it. But if that is someone's thing then go for it. I take pride in crawling around cars, taking them apart, and putting them back together as good as or better than when brand new. Even considering the market I wouldn't consider selling one of mine unless it was to keep my family off the street. "SOMEONE" asked a question and it seemed as if it was just throwing something against the wall to see if it would stick. I take everyone here seriously, be it a problem with their car or any type of assistance needed if I can help. Once again, FOR THE RECORD, from this point forward I WON'T respond to VALUE QUESTIONS. The car looks great and but for a wash and wax and new tires it probably is a 4 out of 5.

Edited by esmit208
Misspeling
  • Like 1

I agree with others and think selling it on a Bring A Trailer would be the way to go.  You have an offer north of $30K which I think anyone would be tempted to take.  However, on BAT you will get a global audience.  I think rare and unique cars should be offered on the true open market where everyone can have a chance to buy it.  Just my opinion. 

• 3 months later...