IGNORED

Wow -- '74 260Z sells for $46,000.00

NVZEE

2 minutes ago, rcb280z said:

Wow, and that's with su's instead of flat tops! So not an original car. 

Yes, that was the one thing that always bothered me about this car, but otherwise it's a beauty.  I have seen it a number of times at shows and have talked with Bob Heckendorf, the previous owners quite often.   Maybe with Flat tops it would have hit $50K.  

I must be missing something.  Although it was a beauty - $46K seems way to much, but then again I like to actually drive cars.

260's were the bridge product suffering from the weaknesses of both the 240 and the 280.  I had a 280 and loved the car - hated the bumpers.  I love the looks of the 240, but no doubt the smaller engine size and carbs were not quite as reliable as the 280 with EFI.  

10 hours ago, Lumens said:

Nope not me. I would not even pay half that price for a fat bumper 260Z. Even if it had only half the miles.

Good luck but that is a car that will not be much of an investment as far as I am concerned.

Single model year, limited supply. Might take a few extra years to catch up to 240's and 280's in value, but it will. Five years ago I don't think many of us would have believed anyone if they had told us what the 240 prices would be today.

• Like 1