IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

I actually live in Sandpoint.  I love it here.  I don't see a lot of z's in my area.

Got the front mostly installed.  Some of the zinc chromate seems to rub off with lots of handling.  I will need to contact the platers.  Googling it seems to say the same thing, can be rubbed off and gets harder with time.  It was plated 2 days ago. Hopefully it changes.  Or maybe they did something wrong? Zinc is the part that is electroplated.  The chromate (yellow) is just a coating.  

Sure looks pretty  

20170923_200531550_iOS.jpg

20170923_221032590_iOS.jpg

20170923_221059064_iOS.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Looks great, some where in your box of treasure there should be 4 washers that look like these pics, they go on the far inside and outside of the T/C rods, not sure where those large thin flat washers that you have on there go.

DSCN1935.JPG

DSCN1936.JPG

I only have two of those that are good.  Two are ruined.  I am going poly and I think i will get rubber for the backside of the tension rod like people have said.  

Go to rockauto and buy two boxes of AC Delco part number 45G25036.

The picture on rockauto is wrong. The picture shows just the bushings, but in fact, each box has one complete T/C rod worth of parts! All the washers, bushings, sleeve and nut for one side. Buy two kits and put the bushings in a box for the future and just use the rest of the kit.

Best eighteen bucks you'll spend on suspension parts!

10 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

I am going poly and I think i will get rubber for the backside of the tension rod like people have said.  

On edit... You're going poly and are going to be needing two rubber bushings anyway!! With two kits, you'll have four. Just put two in a box for future use and use the other two on the back side now!

Edited by Captain Obvious
I just felt like it.

Yes, they are yellow zinc. At least when I bought them a couple years ago. This is what they look like:
tckits1.jpg

And just in case there is any question about the orientation of everything, here's how it should go together. Small washers on the ends. Concave side of the large washers toward the bushings. Poly in front, rubber in back:
P1090927.JPG

And here's how it should look when installed:
P1090935.JPG
  • Like 2

I Have been working on this for a while.  Trying to get it one uniform finish.  Which seems to be impossible.  I have been building a vapor blasting setup and might try it on this and see how it turns out.  It's come a long way from tar, grease and paint covered. 

20170926_213130209_iOS.jpg

Edited by duffymahoney