IGNORED

Duffy's 1/71 Series 1 240z build

duffymahoney

Got my BC Coilover kit!! I should have the fronts done this weekend.  Still waiting on the auto shop to have the bearings pressed out.  
20170920_202719029_iOS.thumb.jpg.6d5260a2dca85b5fdf67c94b647aa6be.jpg

Looks a lot like my CX Racing set. Did you get extended stud standard bolt pattern or four bolt pattern?
Mine are stock pattern.
IMG_4480.JPG

Stock pattern, they are probably the same kit:) I just paid too much.  I really like the gold of the BC.  I got standard stud length, but they seem long. 

This happened, ended up ruining it. Vise, vise grips, tig welded a bolt to the end, everythig failed.  Dry to drill out, and again that failed and I had my bit walk.  Oh well, this is the first bolt-bolts that I couldn't get off! Now time to find a new thermostat housing.  

20170921_013303288_iOS.jpg

5 hours ago, duffymahoney said:

How fun is a stock 240z motor to drive?  I sadly have never driven a z.  

I gave up a 69 SS 396 Chevelle when I bought my first Z. A lack of raw acceleration was my first impression but I soon learned that a Z has all the power it needs, plus a little bit more, for the street. I found that the fun of rolling in and out of corners far out-weighed the fun of straight line speed. Plus, in stock form they're very reliable.

• Like 1

Parts look great. They did a nice job plating. I will have to search around here in Central Wi. Spokane has a fair supply of Z. I am originally from Cheney. Hope to return when I retire in the next couple of years. If I do not sure how to move to unrestored 71 Z's. Look forward to following your post.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Classic Zcar Club mobile