IGNORED

Jai's Status

Mike

10 hours ago, Redwing said:

Anyone have an answer about the bumper shocks?

Thanks, 

Jai

To be safe remove the bumper with the shocks attached if you can. No one will buy them separate anyway and will just go to

the scrap yard with the rest of the car when he is finished with it.

• Like 1

Hi all,

Need to know answer for this asap.  Will be going in a while to pick up parts from donor car.

In a 1976 280 Z, are the cylinders for the 2 doors and the deck lock interchangeable?  RedBird's right door lock will not open with any key.   The donor car has a deck lock with a single key, not opening either doors on that car.  I was thinking if I could move RedBird's deck lock into the passenger door I would have both doors opening on the same key.  Then put the donor car deck lock in RedBird's deck, with its own key.  That, if it would work, would be an improvement.

Thanks...

On 10/3/2017 at 12:31 PM, Mark Maras said:

Just got a heads up from Jai. If all goes according to plan she and Greg (gwri8) are going to look at the donor car today. Anyone have suggestions about what extra small parts she should consider getting while she can, aside from the required body parts. Suggested items so far are the ECU, console that she mentioned was cracked, turn signal switch. This opportunity is too good to not include as many small parts as she can.

The piece underneath the bumper and grill, that gets scraped on the parking bumpers and shrubbery, is often bent.  The painted part that's hard to reach when you're washing the car.  Worth a look.  My local wrecking yard calls it a gravel pan, but I don't know why.

On 10/4/2017 at 4:01 PM, wheee! said:

Interested to know whether that is an early 76 or late (post august 76). I might snag a few early parts from it too if the model variant is correct.

Production date was 06/76,  Jai has has the serial #.

Hi all,

The donor car build date is 6/76, Vin 308,212.

The parts I bought off it are:

Complete fender, with everything attached to it including bezel, headlight rims, and running light

Right bumper shock

Console, from radio back, between seats including ash tray, with attached sensors 

Complete turn signal assembly

Both windshield wipers

Shift knob

Fuse box cover

All for the fantastic price of $225.00.  And I didn't  even wear a mask!  How cool was that? 

The door cards are in wonderful condition, he wanted $50 each.  I did not need them, and I don't  have the extra $ to get them "in case".

Thanking Greg for all his assistance with this purchase, wise advice included.

:wow:

Jai

• Like 1

Yesss, a wonderful price.  Especially when the body shop cut me a check for the $225.  That was to buy the fender and bumper alone.  But I didn't want that bumper, not as good as what I wanted.  The bezel, Quality parts wanted $220 for it.  So getting the fender complete with the bezel and headlight rings was ok with the body shop.  They then went ahead and ordered the bumper from Quality for $785.

RedBird will be going to body shop on Monday for her "facelift" to start. Getting rid of her black eye.  :D   Yay!

The Black Bear Festival with the car show is on Saturday 10/21.  I just found out there is to be a dog show there on Sunday 10/22 too.  If I can locate a safe spot to park RedBird on Sunday, Lissa and I will be attending the dog show too.  A double win for the 3 of us would be out of sight!

Looking forward for all to begin.  But first having my 2nd cataract surgery on Tues., and still having left over food poisoning symptoms.  Need to be past these, then onward to Festivities at Black Bear.

:cool:

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 2:54 AM, wheee! said:

Ooooo! Nice! SASSZ was born 09/75!

RedBirds big sister...

Ha!

Just saw Sassz's Vin number, 271,295.   With RedBird's being 277,450.  In the month between our girls, 6,155 Z's were produced.  Cool!!!

Jai

• Like 1