IGNORED

Jai's Status

Mike

Big announcement...

RedBird is going to the body shop on Monday, 10/9!

Bumper to arrive there on Tuesday.  Greg and I going to pick up fender, bezel, and everything attached to them tomorrow and will drop off at the body shop then too.  

Guys, anyone who has had a similar accident...  PLEASE let me know what else to look for needing repairs/replaced.  I would hope the body shop would be very careful to search out and fix everything.  BUT, I'm  feeling I need to be very aware that they get all taken care.  You know, our cars are so different than any other on the road, it seems to me it might be easy for them to miss something.  So feeling I need to be ever vigilante that they do see/fix everything.  So if you have any ideas, please voice them.   Thanks lots!

Jai

Just now, wheee! said:

Ooooo! Nice! SASSZ was born 09/75!

RedBirds big sister...

How neat that is!  What is her Vin #?  It will be interesting to see how many were produced in that month between them.

I looked at the Vin # on the donor car, but it was obscured somehow.  Could not see it.

Jai

18 hours ago, Lumens said:

I was wondering if the front bumper shocks are the same for both the early and late model 280Z.

Did they bolt the late bumper to her early bumper shocks or did they remove her early style and install the late style shock with the bumper?

Anyone have an answer about the bumper shocks?

Thanks, 

Jai

I'll check the donor car date tomorrow for you Mark.  When I glanced over it the other day it seemed to be in good shape overall.  I got the impression the seller is not a restorer, more of a scavenger who would rather part out for more money than to sell a whole car.  This is not his first Z by any stretch.  He's easy to deal with though.  Did you ever solve your fuel tank?