IGNORED

Jai's Status

Mike

16 hours ago, gwri8 said:

Yes Jai, rounded bumper. Here is an example pic.  Don't forget the headlight  ring  https://zcardepot.com/headlight-trim-ring-pair-oem.html and maybe the headlight housing https://zcarsource.com/headlight-assembly-280z-75-78-right-used.

1976 280Z.jpeg

Thanks Greg.  Appreciate the help with things that are not so obvious.

Jai

Hi,

Looking at headlamps now.  Wondering if since I have to get a new right side, would this maybe be the time to upgrade both sides?  

I saw this set on eBay, and it says a good choice for my car.  Have anyone used these type headlights?  I'd  sure like to get away from the dim yellow headlights.  

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/230154579497   -   2 sealed beam white headlights

Thanks for helping.

Jai

On 9/29/2017 at 3:10 PM, Redwing said:

Which are $785 for the bumper, and $220. for the bezel etc.  Rex asked me if he was able to pin down a fender from them, would I be OK with him ordering the 3 from Quality Parts?

That seems high to me. I can get that for less than half of that at the yard by me but I would have to pull it myself. A good fender should be sourced too

as the cost of repair typically is more than the replacement part and the result is full of bondo.

13 hours ago, Lumens said:

That seems high to me. I can get that for less than half of that at the yard by me but I would have to pull it myself. A good fender should be sourced too

as the cost of repair typically is more than the replacement part and the result is full of bondo.

Hi Lumens,

Thank you for your comment.    Yes the bumper seems high priced, but the insurance is willing to pay it.   I mean, I don't  know if I should be upset at that price or not.   I would not want to ask anyone to go to the trouble of pulling one for me, unless it would pay them well to do it.   I would not want to use anyone.  If this one at Quality was not available, that would be another story.  

Yes the fender is needed too, I do not want bondo.

Jan   :D

13 hours ago, gwri8 said:

Found this close by Jai.  Looks like it might have everything you need.   https://nwga.craigslist.org/pts/d/1976-dats havel280z-parts/6322845727.html

Thank you Greg.  I just talked to them.  Fender $150, bumper $75, etc.  Going    this afternoon to see the parts and pay for them.  He will remove them for me.  But I'll have to go back to pick them up  In a different vehicle.  

• Like 1

Just got a heads up from Jai. If all goes according to plan she and Greg (gwri8) are going to look at the donor car today. Anyone have suggestions about what extra small parts she should consider getting while she can, aside from the required body parts. Suggested items so far are the ECU, console that she mentioned was cracked, turn signal switch. This opportunity is too good to not include as many small parts as she can.

What a stroke of luck. I hope everything is as good as it looks.

I was wondering if the front bumper shocks are the same for both the early and late model 280Z.

Did they bolt the late bumper to her early bumper shocks or did they remove her early style and install the late style shock with the bumper?

Yes get any hard to find interior parts and switches as spares.

• Like 1