IGNORED

Jai's Status

Mike

I have a front bumper from 75-76 that would match the original one from her car.  It is only the bumper bar (not the rubber pieces) and has a few small dings in it but overall it is in good condition.  The one I have on my car has already been re-chromed and so I really don't have a need for the spare one that I have.  If Jai wants it she can have it for the cost of shipping to her location. 

Hope that helps.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2017 at 6:46 PM, Mike W said:

I have a front bumper from 75-76 that would match the original one from her car.  It is only the bumper bar (not the rubber pieces) and has a few small dings in it but overall it is in good condition.  The one I have on my car has already been re-chromed and so I really don't have a need for the spare one that I have.  If Jai wants it she can have it for the cost of shipping to her location. 

Hope that helps.

Mike.

Thanks Mike.  I'm  making a list of offers to give to body shop.  It would depend for this bumper, if the rubber can be found.  I do want  '76 bumper on her, getting rid of the '77 wrong one.

Jai

• Like 1

Wow!  Good fortune!!!  I called Quality Auto Parts, and they have the complete 1976 CORRECT bumper for RedBird.  Also, I asked them about the headlight bezel  (sugar scoop) and they have that too.  I forgot to ask them about the fender tho.  The bumper and bezel are in perfect condition.

So I then called Rex at the body shop and gave him the info.  He didn't  even flinch when I gave him the quoted prices.  Which are $785 for the bumper, and $220. for the bezel etc.  Rex asked me if he was able to pin down a fender from them, would I be OK with him ordering the 3 from Quality Parts?  No problem on my score!  Do it!

Looks like things might be heating up for RedBird's repairs soon!  I am so excited!!!

Any information you all might be able to share with me, I would be very appreciative.  Like things needed to complete the installation.  Things not included but needed for the complete repair.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy...............

"I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it

And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know I want you..."

• Like 2

Hahaha...

It depends if RedBird needs the plate that is between this/these 2 part(s), there is a complete set of 3 on ebay.  I already noted it to Rex  at the body shop.  If it does not need the plate, I might take you up on your offer!  Thanks so much.

I'm so excited!!!

Jai

On 9/17/2017 at 6:02 PM, rcb280z said:

That's the one that is supposed to be on her car IIRC. If the rear one has the rounded corners then she may want the one from ebay so it matches the rear.

Here is a photo of the corner of my rear bumper.  Is it the rounded one?

Thanks for your help.

Jai

20170929_165232_1506726260830.jpg