Hardway

Hardway's Red Rocket 1972 240z Build Thread

siteunseen    1,125

Yes, great looking leap frog on your project plans.  Congratulations. 

I've finally seen my "unicorn", '72 240 splash pan.

You can still buy the door sill scuff plates from Nissan, I got two a few months ago.  They're no longer wrapped in vinyl but a nice thick coat of textured paint.  I'll put up the part number when I get back home. 

Hardway    158

Thanks for all the compliments guys!  The car has certainly received a lot of attention over the years and in its current state is ready to receive some more.  The rust situation is  what I would describe as "typical".  It is primarily in the rockers, lower sections of the front fenders, one spot on the passenger side rear floor, a small spot on the rear hatch, and a little bubbling on the hatch panel above the tail lights.  All of this will be addressed in the future as rust never sleeps.  My immediate plans include adding some new weather stripping where it is needed, rebuilding the driver side door hinges, changing all fluids, the carbs need some tuning, clean, clean, clean, and polish.  I plan to make this weekend very productive.  In addition to the car itself I need to inventory all the parts I got with the car, decide what to keep, and decide what to sell to those that can use them.

Patcon    489
8 hours ago, Hardway said:

one spot on the passenger side rear floor

I have some partial panels from Charlie laying around. When you figure out what you need to fix it, let me know and I will see if I have that section...

• Like 1

Hardway    158

Thank you Patcon!  I will have it on the lift this weekend doing a transmission and diff fluid change.  Once I can get a good look at everything I will let you know.