IGNORED

My trip to Tokyo

RS02

Hello everyone, Lance here. I went to Japan this Summer, and am still quite excited. lol. It was a awsome trip which I didn't do much except running around finding parts and catching car shows. I brought my camra with me so there's a lot of pictures. And I think I'm going back next summer, again!

First of all let me introduce myself. I'm 16, was born and raised in China. Came to the US for high school and I somehow bought a 240z on Ebay in Texas without seeing the car (I know, lucky I did get the car and I didn't know it's a L28 untill I got it). I'm in Michigan now, trying to get the car back on the road again. so far I rebuilt the engine with the classic flat top e31 high compression setup, running twin rebello bored out SU. Right now I'm trying to get the body straight again. 

Here's a shot of my pile of rust!

IMG_1244.JPG

Well that's another story. Anyway, trip to Japan!

IMG_8153.JPG

A shot I took from the Tokyo Sky tree. I don't know where to start so here you go!

The main theme of my visit there was just get a feel of Japan and it's car culture. I obviously came from a country that doesn't have any. The whole "My car is cool" thing just started. Well, lets just put it this way. The oldest car I saw on the road is a clapped out new yorker. Being able to experience the American car scene, the Japanese culture, and the Chinese culture, lets just talk about it while I put pictures on this post.

_MG_7795 - 副本.JPG

Here is a shot of the street I l stayed for 14 days. It's clean!!! Almost too clean in my opnion. The thing that amazed me is that it doesn't take much to clean it. It's the people who always kept them clean. 

_MG_7803 - 副本.JPG

At the start of my first day in japan, we went for the shopping center. The Ginza area. And of corse I went in the dooe as soon as I saw this. Nissan crossing is like a special dealership. They have all kinds of things from a wall full of touchscreen to some new concept. This one's got suicide doors.

_MG_7807.JPG

Knight rider might have designed this dash and steering wheel. And hey that seat looks like the one in mine! 

_MG_7812.JPG

This is the GT concept 2020. I don't really have a opnion on this one.

_MG_7814.JPG

Aaaaand here is 600 horsepower and some wings.

_MG_7818.JPG

Here they have some flags of the great cars they made. Sad that none of those are Zs. We got the skyline brothers though! in case you're wondering the 1968 is the "3rd gen" written on the flag and it goes from there.

_MG_7836.JPG

Tired of seeing stuff that no one drives? Well I was and I went to Akihabara to catch some actions. And immidiatly there's a beast parking there! From the fan and the tissue box you can see that it's being driven.

_MG_7841.JPG

I like how they just randomly put a parking space there. It must be for one of those shop owners. It's weird you can see cars like this popping up randomly. In China there's not much cool cars, in US there's not much crowded areas. lol.

_MG_7850.JPG

This mx5 nailed it. Everything looks perfect.

_MG_7852.JPG

Yes I did stand in the middle of the road and took the picture. It's just too nice to miss.

That's about it for the first day. I'm partly into watching animes so I spent some time running around the street looking at interesting stuff. This street is taken over by all the cute girls and stuff. But it is also a big electronic shopping street. I found a shop especially interesting. They rent shelf spaces to people who want to sell their old electronics. And the stuff they have there is just amazing. Old radios, reel to reel recorder, Sony casset recorders, phones, tube radios, it's just a treat to look at. If you ever visited there just don't carry money on you. It's like walking into a candy shop with a gift card. I'm afraid that this post might be too long, so I'm going to devide it into parts. 

• Like 2

The next day. I woke up, cleaned up, walked out, and saw this.

_MG_7879.JPG

They just can't keep my hands off my camera!

_MG_7880.JPG

The only and the cleanest 2002 I've ever seen in person. They keep EVERYTHING clean here!

_MG_7883.JPG

5 minutes after I saw the 2002 this Jaaaaaag sprinted by me. Sounds pretty nice.

_MG_7889.JPG

Today's main theme: Toyota. Well not really. I'm just here to see the History garage. lol.

_MG_7896.JPG

The Toyota Mega City is a whole mall built with fashion, food, and cars. Perfect for me except the fashion part. I'd rather spend that money on a gearbox like this 86 has. I think I wet myself a little just dry shifting it. 

_MG_7902.JPG

The mega city has some pretty confusing entrances. So I walked outside to find the History Garage. And what did we get? A whole convoy of alsome cars! This guy painted the roll bar in his mini. And the undertray. And the gas cap. And the steel wheels look great.

_MG_7906.JPG

And then this stanced-out-wide-body-headlight-winking freak showed up :)

_MG_7908.JPG

And then the hard core Dorifuto guy with a little bit of Bosozoku style. I don't think the headlights work anymore. Wink wink.

_MG_7910.JPG

Last one of the trio. It's got less vinyl stripes and more noise. The exhaust sound is magnifyed by the bridge and the building. My heart was almost forced to sped up. Maybe it's in sync with the exhaust.

_MG_7921.JPG

And just around the corner I saw this guy on his chopper. Those exhaust must have been the most creative ones I have ever seen. I didn't hear what they said because it was pretty loud. You can still hear the cresta blasting away.

_MG_7922.JPG

Aw11 with T-top and tint. Reminds me of my family's first car. A 1999 Suzuki Alto.

Next up: Inside History Garage.

_MG_7971.JPG

• Like 1

Great shots and great story. 
What is that blue pop up thing on the ground under the 2002?
Also what is that red Toyota?  That is sharp.

The blue thing is a multifunctional car stop. You put your car on there and the gray part pops up. When you leave you have to pay the meter and it will go down. It also stops your car from being stolen. And the most important thing is they don't have too much meter maid running around. So it makes you pay for parking! The Toyota is the FT-1 concept car. They have a simulator running a game that has this car in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

I frickin LOVE LOVE LOVE Tokyo.  My first trip was earlier this year and I plan to go back for sure.  Great photos, thank you for sharing!!  My favorite is the cop yelling at the smirking motorcycle rider..

I know it's amazing. I gotta go back next summer. It only takes me 4 hours to get there form Beijing. Maybe my next location will be Kyoto or something. I've got 3 more folders of photos to go! Next time I need one of those quick draw camera mount and single pod. 

I've been tangled with all the homework...... Anyway. The museum. When you first walk in you are greeted with a bunch of Toyopets. There's also some little beans like this 500 IMG_1341.JPG
The lighting in there isn't good, but it's a great place filled with tasteful selections. There's a section where you can walk outside. And that's when I found a Z432.
IMG_1343.JPG
What a beast.
I don't have too much pictures. My hands were not steady. I guess I need some coffee.IMG_1313.JPG
They have a restoration shop built into the museum. Nice to see the neat stuff they got in there.
IMG_1340.JPG
If you are lucky enough you can take a ride on this machine. It was exciting just seeing it.
Well that's about it with the museum. When I walked outside, I saw some people over at a parking lot. I knew something was happening. And sure enough.
IMG_1345.JPG
More coming up!

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 2