IGNORED

turn signal/new gauges..plz help!?

jersey280z

Hey guys!

I own a 1976 280z. My wife overheard me talking about the intellitronix gauges for our vehicles and recently purchased me the tach and speedo. I replaced the speedo cable with an electronic speedo sensor as well.

While installing, I cut the white plug connectors off of the original gauge wiring and spliced them into the new gauge wiring. I identified the power, ground and signal wire within each connector. I then plugged them back into my harness. All works fine except my turn signals. It appears that leading from the turn signal portion of the combo switch there is a 2 connectors, one"white" and one "yellowish" connector. The "yellowish" connector has a W/B, W/R and G leading from the switch to the connector. As everyone can imagine, life got it the way and its been some time since I started the project. I can now no longer remember where this connector connects in. It is the only missing puzzle piece to this disaster ive started. Could this be the culprit of my issue? Any ideas would be great. Thank you!\

Additional info: Hazards work, battery new optima, all bulbs/sockets inspected/replaced, lights work, fuses fine, multimeter is only showing 1.5v at the flasher relay. Relay bench tested and works fine.

The white/black, white/red, green wires that go to the connector are the wires that go to the turn signal switch. The green wire connects to the white wire coming off of the flasher. That's your 12VDC+. The white/black wire connects to the green/red wire for the left turn signal, and the white/red wire connects to the green/black wire for the right turn signal.

Steve thanks again! Problem solved! I seem to have confused two connectors which caused the issue. Unfortunately, I had tried this before with no positive result. I began to think to myself why am I getting such low voltage, but was still getting some voltage. Well, turns out I was thinking too much like a modern day car and didn't realize the turn signals don't activate unless the car is in the ON position. Once I placed the the key in the ON position, turn signals were back.

So for anyone in the future trying to diagnose turn signal issues, key must be in ON position (all the way over before starting, fuel pump engaged).