IGNORED

Texas Tough

Sorry to be so late getting back to you. I am fine. We were blessed in so many ways over the past week. My wife spent 6 straight days at the hospital taking care of everybody and keep the lights on and people fed their. I am so proud of her. I was home with our two boys making sure things were safe.  With so many I know who lost so much, I am almost ashamed to say I had little to no damage from the storm.  Our cleanup is all but done and many others have not even been able to start.  THanks for the kind thoughts!  I am okay. My family is okay and my little Datsuns made it okay :)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

Sorry to be so late getting back to you. I am fine. We were blessed in so many ways over the past week. My wife spent 6 straight days at the hospital taking care of everybody and keep the lights on and people fed their. I am so proud of her. I was home with our two boys making sure things were safe.  With so many I know who lost so much, I am almost ashamed to say I had little to no damage from the storm.  Our cleanup is all but done and many others have not even been able to start.  THanks for the kind thoughts!  I am okay. My family is okay and my little Datsuns made it okay :)

Good to hear. Props to your wife for her commitment.

@Zedyone_kenobi Stephen - you owe no one an apology and no need to feel "survivor's guilt".  There will always be some who are more fortunate than others.  It sounds like you and your wife did your part as did so many others.  We have a good friend in Fort Bend county whose home was saved by a levee that held.  Her three adult children and their families also came thru OK - one also in Fort Bend, one in Friendswood, one in Brazoria County.  Luck is where you find it, there is no other explanation required.  I'm glad to hear you and yours are OK.  You and others with no damage will be a major part of the foundation for Houston's recovery - be proud of that opportunity.  Looking forward to the next time to see you and swap stories - yours will be the best.

Jim

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I'm glad you came through ok. I was just thinking about hitting you up again...
I agree with Jim it just works out, how it works out. Be proud of your wife and accept that you are in a position to help instead of needing help

• Like 1