IGNORED

Selling my genuine Fairlady Z & '71 240Z Package Deal

carnutatthebeach

I've reached out over and over, even offered to drive the guy 3+ hours each way to get the stuff (and he's 7 hours from me!), he's in his 80's and going thru a divorce after 40+ years. That plus health issues I think and he's just not that interested in proceeding. "Maybe" eventually, but I've stopped holding my breath. I need them gone before we move, but I'll get more pics up asap. As for the numbers on the firewall, I'll look today and take a pic if I can read them.

Edited by carnutatthebeach

And there ya go...in the RHD side of the car as well. It's the real deal guys. I'm praying to get the missing stuff as OBVIOUSLY that is a big factor in the final value, but I'm starting to lose hope. Like I said, maybe once he's out of the funk from his wife leaving him I can get the stuff.  I'll take better pics of the entire car later this morning and post asap.

0823170752d-1.jpg

0823170752a.jpg

Edited by carnutatthebeach

Looks like it has half of the propeller shaft used for the 5 speed, the FS5C71B.  Interesting.  Those parts the guy has, whatever they are, might be good for a more correct resto.

Had to do some research, and my guess might be wrong.

Two piece.PNG

fs5.PNG

I really don't know. He claims the original engine and the tranny are in his storage facility. I texted him again this morning. It's usually DAYS or even WEEKS before he replies. I haven't given up, but damn! I'm moving and can't take all my toys with me. I had 18 up until a few weeks ago, down to 12 now, and need to be down to 5 or 6 max by the time we move. It sucks because I really wanted to restore these, but between the space issue and the advantage of having more cash at closing, things just need a new home. 

7 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Looks like it has half of the propeller shaft used for the 5 speed, the FS5C71B.  Interesting.  Those parts the guy has, whatever they are, might be good for a more correct resto.

Had to do some research, and my guess might be wrong.

Two piece.PNG

fs5.PNG

'S30-01036' - as an early 1970-build 'S30' model 'Fairlady Z-L', would have been fitted with an L20A engine, FS5C71-A 5-speed overdrive transmission and 3.9:1 ratio R180 differential.

The remaining - splined - back half of the propshaft seen in the photos appears to be correct for the original 2-piece, sliding spline-jointed propshaft with flanged U/Js at both ends that would have been factory spec for this car:

z8Wthy.jpg

That's an Eagle GT, a factory built Ferrari Dino replica (one of only 12 ever made supposedly) built on a Porsche 914 platform. Ferrari shut the company down because it was too close to the original (not really but that's what they said). This is a CA car and has been off the road since 1984. I'm dropping in a VTEC K20 with 6 speed. Should be a wicked fun little toy when I'm done.

11 minutes ago, carnutatthebeach said:

That's an Eagle GT, a factory built Ferrari Dino replica (one of only 12 ever made supposedly) built on a Porsche 914 platform. Ferrari shut the company down because it was too close to the original (not really but that's what they said). This is a CA car and has been off the road since 1984. I'm dropping in a VTEC K20 with 6 speed. Should be a wicked fun little toy when I'm done.

Gotcha, thanks for the info! The Fairlady sounds like a very cool car; I'm new to all this, but I didn't realize there was a 2.0L version of the L24! (L20?) The G-nose is pretty cool-looking, too.