IGNORED

Every thing was fine till the next day.

SeanT

I have had my z for a couple of months (1976 280z) had some trouble with the ignition relay at first (accessories did not work) but got them working in the end. Started driving it 2 weeks ago no problems everything worked fine. Then last week I went to start it and it had no spark so after messing with the ignition relay and coil for a bit I found one of the fuseable links was bad (the one that goes to the lights, whippers and washer motor controls.) I replaced it hooked up every thing tured the key, and nothing worked then I heard a relay click and a fizz frying type sound comming from the passanger side didnt smell any thing. I took out the igniton relay and took it apart and all the wiring harness conectors. Checked the relay and filed the contacts and hooked it back up and still nothing. If I turn the lights on the voltage gauge pegs below 12 volts and the lights dont turn on the head lights will on the second click. I tried unhooking all the wires connecting to that control arm and still nothing when i tured the key. I could still hear the clock ticking aswell. I am thinking about taking the dash out I also need to replace the heater core, do some rust work on the fire wall and under the battery, and carpet aswell as some lights and what not behide the dash. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, SeanT said:

I have had my z for a couple of months (1976 280z) had some trouble with the ignition relay at first (accessories did not work) but got them working in the end. Started driving it 2 weeks ago no problems everything worked fine. Then last week I went to start it and it had no spark so after messing with the ignition relay and coil for a bit I found one of the fuseable links was bad (the one that goes to the lights, whippers and washer motor controls.) I replaced it hooked up every thing tured the key, and nothing worked then I heard a relay click and a fizz frying type sound comming from the passanger side didnt smell any thing.

Sounds like you're getting just enough voltage to run the clock and almost actuate the relays and turn the starter motor.  Check the battery cable ends, make sure they're clean, and the battery charge.  12 volts is a half-charged battery.  12.6 is about 90% charge.  

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/alternative-energy/battery-state-of-charge-chart/

• Thanks 1

I would go as far as removing them one by one, test it, steel wool each end of every fuse and lightly crimp each prong holding both sides of every fuse block. 

I was having weird issues with my fuse block in my 71.  VisuallY they looked great but were making poor contact. 

• Thanks 1