IGNORED

Homemade Fuel Rail

Jaymanbikes

IMG_0186.JPGI wanted to purchase a fuel rail from Palnet but was unable to get in touch with him.  I went ahead and started building up my own, I am very happy with the results.  The motor in this car was a bit of a rats nest to start with but has come a long way.  Here is a  before and after.  IMG_2087.JPG

I built my own for less than $50. Got the rail from Ross machine on ebay. Had the taps and drill press. Got he measurements from willyoby on the forum. Works great and looks good too. I'll post some pics in the morning when I'm at my laptop. 

Your's looks great! You'll be surprised at how cool it feels when running. No more hot restart problems. 

Looks great. But as far looking cleaner on your after picture, methinks you cheated a little. You also removed all the EGR components, removed the A/C kick-up FICD, and fixed your half 77 half 78 crankcase venting tubing and AAR lines. Can't quite tell in the pic, but maybe you also removed the cold start valve?   LOL  Yes... The "after" pic is cleaner.

Seriously though, I'm thinking I may do the fuel rail thing too.

Site, Have you got the link to your fuel rail thread? I just don't feel like searching for it, and you probably have it in front of you.

5 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Looks great. But as far looking cleaner on your after picture, methinks you cheated a little. You also removed all the EGR components, removed the A/C kick-up FICD, and fixed your half 77 half 78 crankcase venting tubing and AAR lines. Can't quite tell in the pic, but maybe you also removed the cold start valve?   LOL  Yes... The "after" pic is cleaner.

Site, Have you got the link to your fuel rail thread? I just don't feel like searching for it, and you probably have it in front of you.

WilloughbyZ supplied perfect measurements, about 3/4s down on the 1st page.  I sandblasted mine for a nice satin finish.

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yes, this was one of my last changes I made after the clean up and simplification of the engine compartment.  I used a piece of aluminum stock for my rail that has a channel in it for bolts.  This simplified things when it came to making my support brackets And lining things up, no need to drill the rail for the brackets.  

IMG_2418.JPG