IGNORED

Shell V Power Nitro+

FunkytownZ

Must admit, one tank of Shell V Power Nitro+ in my 280Z and I'm hooked on this stuff.  Ton's of good reviews out there.

It's essentially 99% composed of what Shell uses in F1 cars.  Helps clean carbon deposits (up to 60% one first tank alone), clean injectors, prevent corrosion and wear.

Just filled up second tank and hope to do a few more.

Also, noticed some significant fuel savings.  4-5 mpg improvement.

14 hours ago, FunkytownZ said:

Must admit, one tank of Shell V Power Nitro+ in my 280Z and I'm hooked on this stuff.  Ton's of good reviews out there.

Also, noticed some significant fuel savings.  4-5 mpg improvement.

C'mon!!!  Seriously?  

4-5 mpg on one tank is well within the math error zone.  Sorry, can't believe it.  Beside that, cognitive bias (the urge to believe) would tend to lead one to drive very conservatively.  Just saying, there's not much to go on.  

That is the nerdiest video I've ever seen, I think.  I didn't watch the whole thing but I'm guessing that there are robot women at the end?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zed Head said:

C'mon!!!  Seriously?  

4-5 mpg on one tank is well within the math error zone.  Sorry, can't believe it.  Beside that, cognitive bias (the urge to believe) would tend to lead one to drive very conservatively.  Just saying, there's not much to go on.  

That is the nerdiest video I've ever seen, I think.  I didn't watch the whole thing but I'm guessing that there are robot women at the end?

Well, I fast-forwarded to the end. To my disappointment, there were no robot women at the end. :(

It's called V Power here if I am correct. Fancy namesLOL. It's just regular gasoline ( octane a bit higher ) without ethanol in it. Ethanol reduces mpg and burns less clean than regular gasoline.

I use it in the 240Z to, but that's just because the regular 95 contains about 5% ethanol, ( this will be upped to 10% in a few years time )

I just need regular gasoline without ethanol, so I don't **** up the carbs and everything....

The hobby is getting more expensive by the day :(...

Maverik here in Utah sells "Clear 88" which is ethanol free / 88 octane. I did ask ZTherapy about ethanol gas in their rebuilt carborators and Bruce said that they've done extensive soak tests a few years back with no problems. My concern is with the rubber fuel lines. I've lined my tank and replaced all lines with E85 rated lines.