IGNORED

Fuse box missing a connector

Jeff Berk

Missing a connector in the fuse box.

Vehicle 1974 260z 2-seater

The attached photograph shows the backs of my fuse box on the right and one I purchased on the left. The fuses are numbered top to bottom 1-7 on the right and 8-14 on the left of each box when viewed from the rear. The outer contact on my fuse No. 4 is missing. Someone spliced a purple box marked 12V10A 410 (upper right side of photo) branching off of the Green/White wire from fuse No. 3. A blue wire then extends from the purple box.

I’m assuming the blue wire used to go to No. 4 based on the wiring of the box I recently purchased. All would be fine except fuse No. 3 keeps blowing.

I’d like to reinstall the missing AGW fuse clip and run the blue wire back to its own fuse.

At last, the question: Where can I purchase a replacement AGW fuse clip?

A side question: What is this purple box and why was it installed?

IMG_0494.JPG

I spoke with someone who came up with the same answer, a 10 amp breaker. 

I'd like to replace the missing contact to split up the power between fuses Nos. 3 & 4. 

Does anyone have a spare clip they are willing to part with?

I guess another option would be to install an in-line fuse to replace the missing fuse location.

Edited by Jeff Berk
update