IGNORED

i can see again!!!

sweatybetty

2 minutes ago, sweatybetty said:

so you get hell and then summer and then back to hell?

That's pretty much it.  It's the inconvenience one endures to live year round. in a resort community.  Tourists work 50 weeks a year for the pleasure of coming here on vacation for two weeks. 

Actually, we have a vacation home in the nearby mountains and usually blow out of here on weekends throughout the year and totally for the months of July and August.  This year was a little different with getting my mother-in-law moved out of her home of 60 years and helping our son move into his new home in Los Angeles.  So, only two days, so far, at the lake home this summer/hell.

Dennis

Complains...hihi...could you guys put an F to those 101 degrees... for us that's literally boiling hot!   Hihi  (Over here in Europe it's Celsius.. who swings the scepter.)

Everybody... keep in mind that the whole world is looking...

Reminds me of someone who ordered a boat in meters and got it sheap...in foot!!  :huh:

I read a good article from Harry Shearer in a GQ magazine a few months ago.  The band's back together, in court.  They are suing for back royalties from Spinal Tap, $400 MILLION!  The company that owns the rights screwed them with some accounting trick, cross-collateralizing.  Said the film barely broke even. ROFL

15 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

That movie is in my all time top ten. Maybe even top five. I hope they get whatever they deserve.

I went to see it when it was in the theaters, got up and walked out.  I think I was 13 or so.  Watched it 20 years later and laughed my arse off, started it over and watched it again.  Hadn't seen it since though, maybe time to rewatch? 

Blazing Saddles, Holy Grail and Caddyshack...Young Frankenstein.  My top 4. :D

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

I went to see it when it was in the theaters, got up and walked out.  I think I was 13 or so.  Watched it 20 years later and laughed my arse off, started it over and watched it again.  Hadn't seen it since though, maybe time to rewatch? 

What! No Cheech and Chong?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Love your top four, and (not surprisingly) they are on my list as well. My list is pretty much Mel Brooks, Zucker and Zucker, and Monty Python with a couple original cast Saturday Night Live cast stuff mixed in to keep things honest (Like Caddyshack and Animal House).

Here's a relatively recent release that might even make my list... Paul. I didn't see it when if first came out because the previews looked like a complete waste of time. But I watched it recently it's really good. Multiple levels good.

2 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Love your top four, and (not surprisingly) they are on my list as well. My list is pretty much Mel Brooks, Zucker and Zucker, and Monty Python with a couple original cast Saturday Night Live cast stuff mixed in to keep things honest (Like Caddyshack and Animal House).

Here's a relatively recent release that might even make my list... Paul. I didn't see it when if first came out because the previews looked like a complete waste of time. But I watched it recently it's really good. Multiple levels good.

Is that the Seth Rogen movie?  I'd heard of it but now maybe time to give it a look.  Thanks Captain!

Oh yeah, Animal House, turns my top five into "Top Six".

What sitcoms shaped y'alls sense of humor?  Mine are Sanford and Son, Andy Griffith Show and Seinfeld.  If you like Andy and Barney here's the funniest thing I've seen in awhile.  It's NSFW so be careful viewing it.

Edited by siteunseen